Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
Inputs: auxiliary-in
LCD display (mm): 192 x 24mm
Outputs: earphone, video, S-Video, RGB
Power output: 2 x 10W + 1 x 20W
Speaker system: 2.1
Driver array: 2 x 6.35cm + 1 x 10.2cm
Roth Audio

Cost Apprx: Rs 15000 (as per another thread in this forum)

Based on my requirement on enty level stereo Integrated Amp (in my earlier
thread), i was suggested to go for NAD 315 BEE (apprx cost Rs 18500)
+ Wharfedale Diamonds 9.1 as best combination.

Seeing the specs of Roth Audio ALFIe and the cost, iam inclined
towards this product.

Some clarifications:
* First is it comparable with NAD C315BEE?
* Any one experienced this product?
* Any reviews (forum members used this)?
* Can i also attach wharfedale diamond 9.1 with this or the speakers
in this product is enough?
* I can use the ipod as there is already slot of ipod (Dont need to buy a docking station).

Iam looking into 2.1 setup only for listening to audio.

Do suggest whether to go for NAD C315BEE or Roth Audio ALFIe.
Well another product - Roth Audio Cocoon MC4 does seems to look different. Not sure about its performance and other specs.

thanks

Ok..
Now i understand.. iam no way getting near to Roth Audio. Shall stick to NAD.

Thanks folks.

hi,
I am going to play the devils advocate here :) Actually, Roth Audio is not some anonymous company as well. Their Music Cucoon is very well received and even their new range of speakers based on Focal JM Lab. And the product in question is a lifestyle product from them. The price of 15k in India is a very attractive price and I am surprised as they cost 700 dollars roughly in US. So, typically it should have costed more than 30k in India. Do not under rate it based on that extremely attractive price. The list of capabilities it very impressive. I have not heard them and hence cannot directly comment on its sound. But, my guess is that NAD will definitely sound better than Roth. I have heard the 315bee and very impressed. But then, I have to admit. The difference in having a cd/dvd player and amp and speakers and an ipod dock etc is a huge mess and a also would cost a lot. Simply a nice DVD player and a CD player themselves will cost more than Alfie. So, if space is a premium and convenience matters, then Roth Audio Alfie at the price of 15k is an extremely attractive choice. Like I said Roth Audio is not some anonymous company. See if you can listen to it.

Please do let us know how it is. Because during my search for a product with so many capabilities and good music performance this was the only candidate. The only negative point I have heard about the product is that the bass is slightly more than prefered.

Libran - check this site for one of the NAD dealers in bangalore.
Welcome to ARN Systems ::: Bangalore: :: India
I suppose the price is apprx. Rs 19K. Do let me know the price after you contact them.

I did...it is 19.5 K... spoke over phone... a visit will probably help in negotiating a better price.
Is it worth getting one from abroad... ME, Singapore etc.,
I am getting desperate to have a good one at a reasonable price...my budget is shooting up by the day...Have decided against the Onkyo 5105 though it is VFM (room constraints :( )

Looking at Marantz, NAD... even Sansui amps and maybe Acoustics Energy or
Jamo speakers... a two channel speaker system seems to fit the bill, the aesthectics and cuts out on civil work inside the house :)

I did...it is 19.5 K... spoke over phone... a visit will probably help in negotiating a better price.
Is it worth getting one from abroad... ME, Singapore etc.,
I am getting desperate to have a good one at a reasonable price...my budget is shooting up by the day...Have decided against the Onkyo 5105 though it is VFM (room constraints :( )

Looking at Marantz, NAD... even Sansui amps and maybe Acoustics Energy or
Jamo speakers... a two channel speaker system seems to fit the bill, the aesthectics and cuts out on civil work inside the house :)

Yes, you can go for negot!!! Check with other dealers in other states. Based on which you can negot further..
Not a bad idea in getting one from abroad, specfically the countries you mentioned. Because i suppose they do have the same volt ratings as our country do. Also the price would be cheap than here. But one hitch - products brought outside india, does not fetch you the service or you will have to take the frown face of the dealer/service center here in india in case you have problems and need to visit them.
As other threads in this forum mentioned.. products brought outside india are not supported by dealers, and even if they do, they charge a higher service charges. (Neverthless most of the products are only 1 year warranty or so and you are back to warranty-less after that period).
Marantz, NAD, CA are some of the good products for the 2 channel setup. Not heared much about Sansui either in this forum or otherwise.
NAD + wharfedale Diamond 9.1's combi's go well. The same with CA too, i suppose. Not sure about what combi for Marantz!
Do update when you have purchased the same.

Where in Bangalore can one find NAD... and what would be the price for a
C315BEE ?

Thanks

Find someone in Singapore to bring it. The c325BEE has input for iPod, portable players. In general recommended over the 315. The 325 will cost approx usd350.

Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back