NAD C541 CD player

Hi
I have heard the 541 and it is a decent entry level cd player.
However advice you to keep 2 things in mind-
It is somewhere from around 2003.
The seller mentioned is a dealer and reseller from Malad if that matters to you.

I had a NAD C541 CDP from 2010 to 2012.
I firmly recommend this player for its impressive musical performance and value.
IIRC, this comes with an odd shaped remote... it's not shown in the ad, though.

NAD C541 is a superb player. Its simplistic looks belies what is inside which includes a very good transport and BB DAC chip.
However don't buy vintage players without personally checking.

Thanks @jai1611 @RRR @preth30 @hydrovac @Kannan and @greenhorn for the advice. I finally took the plunge and picked it up today after testing it out thoroughly at his place with a couple of my CDs & a HDCD. Was instantly impressed by the warm smooth sound on his setup! Can't wait to hook the player up with my system :D posting a few pics below..

@magma as you can see there is some kind of padding stuck onto the stock feet for acoustic isolation. Can I place this directly on the isopod or should I remove the padding and attach isopods directly below the stock feet?

IMG_20200301_135155_20200301140517979.jpg
IMG_20200301_135241.jpg
IMG_20200301_135626.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @jai1611 @RRR @preth30 @hydrovac @Kannan and @greenhorn for the advice. I finally took the plunge and picked it up today after testing it out thoroughly at his place with a couple of my CDs & a HDCD. Was instantly impressed by the warm smooth sound on his setup! Can't wait to hook the player up with my system :D posting a few pics below..

@magma as you can see there is some kind of padding stuck onto the stock feet for acoustic isolation. Can I place this directly on the isopod or should I remove the padding and attach isopods directly below the stock feet?

View attachment 44168
View attachment 44169
View attachment 44170

It looks like a nice
no-nonsense player as suggested by the FM's. I am sure it must be sounding great. Enjoy your music.

I would strongly recommend that you find out which variant of the sfp101 mechanism it uses (there are 15 and 16 pin versions) and stock up on them (a full mech assembly is available for $10) for a rainy day

I would strongly recommend that you find out which variant of the sfp101 mechanism it uses (there are 15 and 16 pin versions) and stock up on them (a full mech assembly is available for $10) for a rainy day

How do I find this out? Pls guide

@magma I ripped off the padding beneath the stock feet and have stuck the isopods under each foot:cool:

IMG_20200301_193804.jpg
IMG_20200301_193909.jpg

The CD541 has blown my DVD player miles away with that signature NAD warmth/smoothness! There is simply no comparison between the earlier cold bright harsh uninvolving sound and this non-fatiguing ethereal silkiness! Am loving every genre of music I've thrown at it. THANK YOU once again to every FM who suggested I buy this beautiful CD player!!! I am truly in HiFi heaven. :p

Last edited:
@magma I ripped off the padding beneath the stock feet and have stuck the isopods under each foot:cool:

View attachment 44181
View attachment 44182

The CD541 has blown my DVD player miles away with that signature NAD warmth/smoothness! There is simply no comparison between the earlier cold bright harsh uninvolving sound and this non-fatiguing ethereal silkiness! Am loving every genre of music I've thrown at it. THANK YOU once again to every FM who suggested I buy this beautiful CD player!!! I am truly in HiFi heaven. :p

The newer nads are not bad
Good vfm products

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back