• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

NAD tuner repair

blackscorpio

I managed to find the female antenna jack on aliexpress. Go for a full metal one. The plastic ones are a bit flimsy
Link please. The best i could find is this
Adapter IEC PAL DVB-T TV Female Jack To SMA Plug Male Connector Straight Nickel Plating VC722
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/YZpH3Ir

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

omishra

Actually this has metal petals which fell apart. I suggested one which could be connected with F connector like cable tv wires do. Also no loose contact and signal loss.

blackscorpio

The center pin is barrel & tuner center pin also barrel type, shouldn't one be pin type center?
I couldn't get to post since this morning. Please attached connected on the back of the tuner. The middle one is supposed to be a PIN rather than an barrel which takes a pin. The female connectors recommended so far don't think fit this one. am I wrong? which connector should I be looking at?

Connector.jpeg

kbhuvi

l
Yes sir. I saw that but then you need a second connector. The f connector would require a cramping tool. Hence the recommendation.

I agree regarding the average quality

kbhuvi

I couldn't get to post since this morning. Please attached connected on the back of the tuner. The middle one is supposed to be a PIN rather than an barrel which takes a pin. The female connectors recommended so far don't think fit this one. am I wrong? which connector should I be looking at?

View attachment 31031
You would need a connector like this

Attachments

blackscorpio

I guess I will order from Aliexpress, if possible couple of different types.

The center barrel is too little for the pin connector (cause already tried with the generic cable tv connector I had) and I don't know the other one from AE fits or not.

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS