Namaste Sajjano !

ghost_z

Hey all, hope you are all doing great.

I stumbled upon this community while doing some research on the Samsung QN90A, and o boy what a can o worms that is. ADS VA Pannel Lottery DSE and retarded after sales service. I was so close to pulling the trigger on that set but i have serious doubts now.

Regardless seems like a good starting point to discuss alternatives and add my own knowledge to the mix.

Thanks for bearing with me till now,
Till next time.

I stumbled upon this community while doing some research on the Samsung QN90A, and o boy what a can o worms that is. ADS VA Pannel Lottery DSE and retarded after sales service. I was so close to pulling the trigger on that set but i have serious doubts now.

Regardless seems like a good starting point to discuss alternatives and add my own knowledge to the mix.

Till next time.
@Jayaesh1 - here you go...

Hi folks, good that this thread is really buzzing today as I have a major announcement to make . I am done with this TV and Samsung LEDs for now though I will keep buying there phones/ Soundbar/ monitors.

Anyways back to the TV all of you remotely considering this TV just save your precious money n time n rather get a Sony X90J despite it seeming appearing lightweight on numbers but in real world viewing it is IMO an infinitely better TV than QN90A. !!!

I will currently not go in details as to why it is better but I will expand on it further when I either buy it or the A80J in the upcoming Navratri sales !!! For now two reasons being 1) DSE free screen on X90J 2) Much superior processing especially upscaling , I have now had both the LG CX n QN90A n and anything less than 4k or high bit rate 1080p the rest is simply not up to the par . XR processor is indeed the real deal guys !!!

As for what I do with this TV I will either try reselling it back to the dealer ( obviously at a loss) or place it on OLX . I am also planning to file a legal case against Samsung India citing fake promises/ lying about VA panel n there apathetic Customer care n dysfunctional warranty . Additionally I will also be filing mental harrasment charges n seek adequate compensation.

I will let this all sink in n then chime in later.

Hi folks, good that this thread is really buzzing today as I have a major announcement to make . I am done with this TV and Samsung LEDs for now though I will keep buying there phones/ Soundbar/ monitors.

Anyways back to the TV all of you remotely considering this TV just save your precious money n time n rather get a Sony X90J despite it seeming appearing lightweight on numbers but in real world viewing it is IMO an infinitely better TV than QN90A. !!!

I will currently not go in details as to why it is better but I will expand on it further when I either buy it or the A80J in the upcoming Navratri sales !!! For now two reasons being 1) DSE free screen on X90J 2) Much superior processing especially upscaling , I have now had both the LG CX n QN90A n and anything less than 4k or high bit rate 1080p the rest is simply not up to the par . XR processor is indeed the real deal guys !!!

As for what I do with this TV I will either try reselling it back to the dealer ( obviously at a loss) or place it on OLX . I am also planning to file a legal case against Samsung India citing fake promises/ lying about VA panel n there apathetic Customer care n dysfunctional warranty . Additionally I will also be filing mental harrasment charges n seek adequate compensation.

I asked the Samsung rep yesterday to prove it to me and confirm that your QN90A will be a VA panel and he said yes all the panels being sold in India are a 100% without question VA. And when i asked about DSE and how they treat such cases post sales, he clearly had no idea what DSE is, and that for me is a big red flag, i am quite finnicky about imperfections in AUDIO and VIDEO, and i doubt DSE is something i will be able to ignore(and live with). So for now i am 90% sure i am not getting a QN90A, if the folks at a good dealer ship offer me 3+ year warranty on OLED panel i will jump the gun.

I am keen on LG because my usage includes gaming(PC gaming) and Sony is quite behind LG in that respect or at least that seems to be the case going by all the reviews and comparisons.

Namaste bandhu.

The more you research the more confused you will get. So once you like a TV that's in your budget, just take it home. You don't watch TV, you watch the movie on it. If the movie is great, PQ becomes secondary instantly ;)

There you go, I just simplified it for you!
Maybe that is the case for some, but not for me, i am as critical of the content as the device that content is displayed on. I see the merits of the simpler way of thinking, but sadly that approach has never worked for me, i have always had a hard time choosing the right "thing" but eventually i have always found something which suited my needs well, and i never regretted the time and effort i spent on finding that close to perfect "thing".

I asked the Samsung rep yesterday to prove it to me and confirm that your QN90A will be a VA panel and he said yes all the panels being sold in India are a 100% without question VA. And when i asked about DSE and how they treat such cases post sales, he clearly had no idea what DSE is, and that for me is a big red flag, i am quite finnicky about imperfections in AUDIO and VIDEO, and i doubt DSE is something i will be able to ignore(and live with). So for now i am 90% sure i am not getting a QN90A, if the folks at a good dealer ship offer me 3+ year warranty on OLED panel i will jump the gun.

I am keen on LG because my usage includes gaming(PC gaming) and Sony is quite behind LG in that respect or at least that seems to be the case going by all the reviews and comparisons.
If PC Gaming more than sheer picture quality is your main focus n features such as working VRR, flawless 4k@120 ,4 HDMI 2.1 ports, lesser input lag etc matter the LG OLEDs or even it's mini led offering like QNED 90( although IPS + potentially bad DSE) are definitely more gaming centric options than Sony.

If you Indeed decide on LG OLEDs then make sure it is the C series from this or last couple of years or atleast the B series from last year and not this year's relatively inferior, dimmer, massively gimped up A series.

Maybe that is the case for some, but not for me, i am as critical of the content as the device that content is displayed on. I see the merits of the simpler way of thinking, but sadly that approach has never worked for me, i have always had a hard time choosing the right "thing" but eventually i have always found something which suited my needs well, and i never regretted the time and effort i spent on finding that close to perfect "thing".

Not a bad approach at all. Whatever floats your boat.

We all like to spend money on things that gives us satisfaction. It won't be worth it if it doesn't give you the satisfaction you were looking for. So I can totally understand your reasoning.

Till next time.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV!

I am sure you will find yourself enriched with the vast experience and knowledge shared by our FMs (Forum Members) in various threads and topics. Do browse the threads which will have ready information for the queries / challenges you may have around Audio / Video equipment etc.

Happy Browsing and wishing you all the best!

I have now had both the LG CX n QN90A n and anything less than 4k or high bit rate 1080p the rest is simply not up to the par . XR processor is indeed the real deal guys !!!
Did you mean the above for only the QN90A or both QN90A and the LG CX also, sir?
Not a gamer, so purely for movies of all kinds - from current 4K ones to old movies - will the A80J trump the C1?
Is the XR that good?
Also, do we get the A90J in India?

I meant both the CX n QN90A , yes the XR is that much better , it's not just me but most reviewers, multiple TV owners ,top calibrators like D Nice are saying that, just visit a leading multi TV store near you n check it out...

If you take hardcore gaming out then the general consensus is that A80J is much better not just upscaling but gets a lot brighter n more saturated than n C1.

No there will be no A90J or even X95J launching in India sadly but wierdly enough Sony is selling uber expensive 8k Master series Z9J 85 for Rs 1500000 :oops: .

BTW it's not even a true 8K , it's upscaled 4K as Sony say that apart from a few YouTube videos there is practically zero 8K content anywhere else.

I meant both the CX n QN90A , yes the XR is that much better , it's not just me but most reviewers, multiple TV owners ,top calibrators like D Nice are saying that, just visit a leading multi TV store near you n check it out...
Thanks, Sir.
Will check it out.
No there will be no A90J or even X95J launching in India sadly but wierdly enough Sony is selling uber expensive 8k Master series Z9J 85 for Rs 1500000 :oops: .
Ya, guess bringing those models to India will not make sense volume-wise...
And yes, i too saw the Z9J on their site. Am sure there will be people picking it up :D

Thanks again, sir.

I am fortunate enough that the local Sony dealer has agreed to me demoing the TV at my home for a 24 hour period before I pull the trigger n pay the guy. This way I can obviously check for issues like DSE n overall picture quality, how X90J stacks up against QN90A. I wish all the dealers were like this or we (India) had a no questions asked return policy !!!

I am fortunate enough that the local Sony dealer has agreed to me demoing the TV at my home for a 24 hour period before I pull the trigger n pay the guy. This way I can obviously check for issues like DSE n overall picture quality, how X90J stacks up against QN90A. I wish all the dealers were like this or we (India) had a no questions asked return policy !!!
Will never happen, sir.
You are just fortunate, as you said.
Kindly do a comparo of the three flagships...

Will never happen, sir.
You are just fortunate, as you said.
Kindly do a comparo of the three flagships...
X90J 55 has been out of stock at my local dealer since last 10 days but the fresh stock should arrive by 5th or 6th so will post my first impressions as I lay my eyes on it.

Please feel free to call me by first name Jayaesh, no need for sir as I am neither that old or much respectable :p:D

Man this is crazy, i was actually looking at the Samsung Qn800a 8k Tv but after hearing your latest experience & your solutions, i m in very much doubt.
Dunno if the customer care & engineers will be able to handle issues of the Neo Qled 8k when they can't solve issues of the 4k models.
Guess i have to look at Sony camp now though i love the look of the Qn800a.

Cheers.

Atleast QN800A will have VA panel , but if you are buying it from some store then you can look personally for any DSE or such issues, if everything looks good n in order then it looks like a good bet.

BTW I filed a consumer case against Samsung today n now Samsung legal cell will deal with me directly instead of there customer care which is a win for me as there legal cell has all the authority to take an imminent decision .

They the legal cell either offer you a A) Replacement , B) A Service coupon code of same value to buy any other Samsung products, C) They write you a refund check or RGTS the amount.

Fingers crossed ...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back