Namaste Sajjano !

Atleast QN800A will have VA panel , but if you are buying it from some store then you can look personally for any DSE or such issues, if everything looks good n in order then it looks like a good bet.

BTW I filed a consumer case against Samsung today n now Samsung legal cell will deal with me directly instead of there customer care which is a win for me as there legal cell has all the authority to take an imminent decision .

They the legal cell either offer you a A) Replacement , B) A Service coupon code of same value to buy any other Samsung products, C) They write you a refund check or RGTS the amount.

Fingers crossed ...
It shouldn't have reached this stage, anyways all the best.

Atleast QN800A will have VA panel , but if you are buying it from some store then you can look personally for any DSE or such issues, if everything looks good n in order then it looks like a good bet.

BTW I filed a consumer case against Samsung today n now Samsung legal cell will deal with me directly instead of there customer care which is a win for me as there legal cell has all the authority to take an imminent decision .

They the legal cell either offer you a A) Replacement , B) A Service coupon code of same value to buy any other Samsung products, C) They write you a refund check or RGTS the amount.

Fingers crossed ...
Good step!

I am fortunate enough that the local Sony dealer has agreed to me demoing the TV at my home for a 24 hour period before I pull the trigger n pay the guy. This way I can obviously check for issues like DSE n overall picture quality, how X90J stacks up against QN90A. I wish all the dealers were like this or we (India) had a no questions asked return policy !!!
Thats a nice deal, why not just go for the A80J since you won't have DSE headaches to deal with.

Thats a nice deal, why not just go for the A80J since you won't have DSE headaches to deal with.
That is exactly the dilema I found myself in but thankfully I get to demo the set (X90J) for a 24 hour period at my home so I can test it thoroughly , if I spot any DSE then it's goodbye to LED n hello to A80J but if there is no DSE on X90J then I not only save 40k but get to see a bright vibrant image with no ABL n other such WGRB OLEDs limitations. A kind of a win win situation ;)

That is exactly the dilema I found myself in but thankfully I get to demo the set (X90J) for a 24 hour period at my home so I can test it thoroughly , if I spot any DSE then it's goodbye to LED n hello to A80J but if there is no DSE on X90J then I not only save 40k but get to see a bright vibrant image with no ABL n other such WGRB OLEDs limitations. A kind of a win win situation ;)
Jayesh-bhai, you should also sample the A80J and let us know how they compare. Please!

Jayesh-bhai, you should also sample the A80J and let us know how they compare. Please!
I am more than willing to but it looks like my local Sony dealers generosity only extends to X90J, he seems a bit reluctant to let me loan the A80J even for a day, maybe if I convince him that I will surely purchase either of the two sets then maybe he will relent.

I am more than willing to but it looks like my local Sony dealers generosity only extends to X90J, he seems a bit reluctant to let me loan the A80J even for a day, maybe if I convince him that I will surely purchase either of the two sets then maybe he will relent.
Haha, that's one promise that might work.
Actually, having seen your views so far, LG and Samsung are anyway out.
It's anyway Sony vs Sony for you. Might as well try. (If you are serious about the buy, that is.)
Best

Brosky I am glad n appreciate that you value my opinion n are willing to take my word for it but I will still urge you to check all the three brands in person before making a purchase . Maybe your eyes see things differently n afterall the Samsung n especially LG OLEDs are much cheaper than the Sony ...

Seems like you got it sorted, there will be abit DSE in the X90J as thats the nature of the technology. Even Oled can have their own DSE like vertical bars, pink tint issues & grid pattern which is common in the 2021 oleds. There is a comprise you have to make somewhere.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back