Nationite HDVP-1 High Definition Set Top Video Player

srikarkav

Hi,

Attention Media Player owners!! Can you guys give your views on this player?
Lynx sells this 3.5k+. No Flac support. No DTS due to licence issues.No Optical out. Coaxial and stereo out.HDMI and component are there.Seems it supports even 1 TB HDDs. Pictures look nice in a video review. Sub title support is there.

The New Nationite HDVP-1 - Table top video player | MP4 Nation Blog

Thanks,
cheers,
sri

Hi,

Attention Media Player owners!! Can you guys give your views on this player?
Lynx sells this 3.5k+. No Flac support. No DTS due to licence issues.No Optical out. Coaxial and stereo out.HDMI and component are there.Seems it supports even 1 TB HDDs. Pictures look nice in a video review. Sub title support is there.

The New Nationite HDVP-1 - Table top video player | MP4 Nation Blog

Thanks,
cheers,
sri

About the DTS audio, if it goes via the AVR I guess the DTS audio should play right?? Or no?? But this seems to be a good player. Even WDTV make 1 was not playing DTS audio directly on the TV, but via AVR it does.

cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

Then the player should pass the DTS audio to the AVR right?This has to be checked.For the price this seems a nice player. Any more thoughts about this guys?

cheers,
sri

For folks who do not need Hdmi/1080p output :

Amkette's Flash TV is 720p with component, Coax, stereo out. can hook Ext. HDD and has a slot for Memory cards. Mrp 2995/- can get it for 2600/-.
http://www.amkette.com/flashtv/

First quarter of 2010 they're coming up with the 1080p with Hdmi and mkv capability. Let s hope it'll be cheaper than Nationite...:)

Last edited:
Just checked out the Lynx India site. The price of the Nationite HDVP-1 Media Player has increased to Rs. 4626/-, from it's earlier price of Rs. 3725/- advertised here on this site.

---

Harsha said:
Amkette's Flash TV is 720p with component, Coax, stereo out. can hook Ext. HDD and has a slot for Memory cards. Mrp 2995/- can get it for 2600/-.
Amkette Flash TV

Seems to be okay for SD material.

I have my doubts about HD material working with this:

Amkette's Site said:
Video formats supported are DAT/VCD (MPEG-1), VOB/DVD (MPEG-2), AVI-DivX/XviD (MPEG-4, Layer 2), RM/RMVB formats.

There's no MKV or TS support.
MPEG II seems to be limited to VOB/DVD, MPEG I seems to be limited to DAT/VCD.
AVI seems to be limited to DIVX/XVID and it will also support RM/RMVB (but will it support HD files for DIVX/XVID/RM/RMVB?)

Last edited:
Just checked out the Lynx India site. The price of the Nationite HDVP-1 Media Player has increased to Rs. 4626/-, from it's earlier price of Rs. 3725/- advertised here on this site.

---

Seems to be okay for SD material.

I have my doubts about HD material working with this:

There's no MKV or TS support.
MPEG II seems to be limited to VOB/DVD, MPEG I seems to be limited to DAT/VCD.
AVI seems to be limited to DIVX/XVID and it will also support RM/RMVB (but will it support HD files for DIVX/XVID/RM/RMVB?)

Hey guys. This is my first post. i received the flashtv a couple of weeks ago ( i work at a magazine and it was sent as a sample).
My initial opinion is largely positive. It's not the end all and be all of media players, and is definitely aimed at the SD crowd. it doesn't support h.264 or mkv file formats. and it supports 720P with the component cable (no HDMI) with an upscaling to 1080i.
the UI was smooth and slick. ran the way it should.
It played all my MPEG1, 2 files (including vob,dat, and mpgv). plays mpeg4.2 files as well...(divx xvid).

[mpeg1 standard is used in vcd's hence DAT, mpeg2 is used in DVD, hence VOB, and Mpeg4.2 is largely implemented using xvid and divx]

it played dts (has a coaxial output for 5.1 surrund), dolby (ac3) as well as wma, mp3 files.

for me the dts was big plus.

Plus it's cheap, i checked on ebay it's selling for 2400/-.

I inquired from Amkette as to any future media players and they were confident of releasing a fuller featured 1080p HD player "very soon", and said that the player, and technology were already tested and ready, design was being "finalized". price was not yet finalized.

So is Nationite only available through Lynx or are they marketing this device themselves as well?

Thanks for your review. If you get a chance to get hold of their other models, it would be beneficial for all who are looking for an economical solution.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back