Media Players - Amkette Flash TV or Nationite HDVP ?

Karanboochra

Hey guys...
I was thinking of buying a DVD player to fulfill my DVD needs..But now , i have changed my mind and now i am thinking of buying a HDD based media player because i would use only my pendrives and ext. HDD's to watch movies and NOT DVDs..

So....Please help me in making a decision..

Firstly, I am buying a Samsung 32" 720p HD Ready LCD..So the HDD Media player would be used with that only..

Now....
Amkette Flash TV
Getting it for 1.9k ( EBAY ) .
Supports -
Video - AVI-DivX/XviD (MPEG-4, Layer 2), RM/RMVB formats .
Audio - MP3 and WMA formats
Pictures - JPEG, BMP, TIFF and PNG files
Also supports SUBTITLES and TEXT Files

Supports 720p through COMPOSITE. No HDMI.
eBay India: Amkette Flash TV Plays Movies from Memory Cards HDD (item 250638467885 end time 02-Jun-2010 08:00:00 IST)

Nationite HDVP1 - 1080p Media player
Getting it for 3.5k ( EBAY )
Supports -
Video - AVI/DIvX (up to 1080P and supports DivX3.X/DivX4.X/DivX5) Supports AC3 Tracks
H.264 (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P) - MKV, MOV, MP4
MPEG-2 (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P)
RM/RMVB (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P)
TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, DAT, MPG, MPEG (up to 1080P, compatible to 1080i / 720P)

Audio - Dolby Digital AC3
MP3, Lame MP3
MPEG-1/MPEG-2 Layer I/II
WMA
M4P (AAC), HE-AAC and Cook

Supports 1080p. HDMI. Subtitles also supported.

eBay India: Nationite HDVP1 - 1080P HDD Media Player Mkv M2TS H264 (item 110537905999 end time 02-Jun-2010 09:00:00 IST)

------------------------------------------------------------------
NOW, the question is..WHICH one to go for?
Nationite HDVP1 is good..Supports all the formats..But i DON'T need support of soo many formats. Plus, i don't need 1080p as my tv won't play 1080p.

On the other hand, Amkette Flash TV fulfills all my needs @ a really good price.
The only question about it is that..IF it runs movies @ 720p , on which formats does it RUN?
Because, on the site..there's no mention of formats such as .264 , .mkv etc..So how am i supposed to run these?

I won't always run movies which are 720p ..But obviously, i'll download movies such as Avatar @ 720p...
All the movies which are 720p are either in the h.264 format or the .mkv format..

So people..please HELP me buy the best player...
Anyone who has Amkette player , can you tell me if it can run h.264 formats of 720p?

Thanks a lot guys for taking time and reading it.. :)
Karan

If I go with you stated specifications, Amkitte can only play DivX/XviD through AVI container, there is no support for h.264 and MKV, so unless you can find an uploader who has encoaded a 720p movie with DivX/Xvid that too only with AVI container, you are stuck with no HD playback. And its very rare that you would find an HD rip encoded with Divx/Xvid with AVI.

So Nationite HDVP1 is the one I would suggest. Unless you can live with just being able to play Divx/xvid encoaded files.

If I go with you stated specifications, Amkitte can only play DivX/XviD through AVI container, there is no support for h.264 and MKV, so unless you can find an uploader who has encoaded a 720p movie with DivX/Xvid that too only with AVI container, you are stuck with no HD playback. And its very rare that you would find an HD rip encoded with Divx/Xvid with AVI.

So Nationite HDVP1 is the one I would suggest. Unless you can live with just being able to play Divx/xvid encoaded files.

Yaa..That's what... I need h.264 and .mkv support..
Guess i'll go with Nationite one only..

Another question i want to ask is that - DOES Nationite HDVP1 support DTS , Surround Sound??? This is really important for me...

Also...the HDVP has some issues with the subtitles and all :(
The AVI screen stretches... and thats badd! :(

Can anyone tell me the BEST price of WDTV Mini in India? Damn, how many times my opinion changes :( :(

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back