Suggestions for Budget Media Player to run Full 3D ISO

No USB 2.0 is more than enough to run all kinds of media including BD ISO, provided (IMP), you have a decent good quality external HDD or high-quality pendive with good read/write speeds ...

Hi Sam, further i was doing some research on the Himedia H8 & came across this link.

Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio

Check the part where he is criticizing this player.

Other Kodi 3D Capable Options:

- Himedia H8 Octa (it's an okay player, and not well-supported; Rockchip SoC mostly sucks)

Regarding H265, many media players claim they support but there is 10 bit H265 files that only few players Nvidia Shield would support. More files are now with 10bit H265 which most of the media players do not play.

I wound not entirely agree, on the contrary very few files are encoded with 10 bit 265, in fact only 4K makes sense for this typical format encoding. None the less Himedia Q10 Pro does support 10Bit H.265.

http://cdn.minipcdb.com/pictures/Himedia/Himedia-CES-2016.jpg

Hi Sam, further i was doing some research on the Himedia H8 & came across this link.

Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio

Check the part where he is criticizing this player.

Other Kodi 3D Capable Options:

- Himedia H8 Octa (it's an okay player, and not well-supported; Rockchip SoC mostly sucks)

Pass me the exact post no.... which you wanna have me to look, and if you will micro scrutinize anything, you will always find some or the other thing that will look "not good" per se. Decision has to be made for what you will use the player for and of course the budget, else just close your eyes and pick the best available currently ....

Hi sorry to cut in like this. Even I am planning to get one those streamers mentioned in here in this thread. I have shortlisted Minix U1 and HiMedia Q10 Pro. Although I have fully functional HTPC but these Android devices seem so power packed and easy to handle. So why not give them a try. It would be easy for other family members as well to operate and watch movies in dedicated HTs in our absence.

My question, are these 2 same product? If yes then why so much of difference in price?
HiMedia Q10 PRO 3D 4K UltraHD Smart Android 5.1 TV Box 2GB/ 16GB HDMI 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 Dual WiFi & HDD Bay DTS DOLBY Play Store-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Himedia-An...id=1465880866&sr=1-2&keywords=himedia+q10+pro

Last edited:
Pass me the exact post no.... which you wanna have me to look, and if you will micro scrutinize anything, you will always find some or the other thing that will look "not good" per se. Decision has to be made for what you will use the player for and of course the budget, else just close your eyes and pick the best available currently ....

Hi Sam, While my confusion between the H8 & Q5 Pro continues, i have one basic question.

Currently i have the 3D ISO files which run fine on my 1080p screen in 2D & full HD. Post buying either of the player i will run same file on this very screen which is 3D & 1080P only (not 4K). Hope the content of these 3D ISO's will run in 3D mode. As i understand that these 3D prints have 2 x full HD prints thrown at the same time, hence just wondering that my 1080P screen should not become a bottleneck.

Thanks & Peace.

Hey @sam9S,

Any input on my above query. Most likely i will order H8 tomorrow, however any feedback on the Minix neo series ?

thanks.

Alright, ended up buying Himedia Q5 pro for 150 USD from Aliexpress.

Hope it is a plug & play device ! Or do i need to make some changes / updates etc. ?

Thanks mate for all your help !

Alright, ended up buying Himedia Q5 pro for 150 USD from Aliexpress.

Hope it is a plug & play device ! Or do i need to make some changes / updates etc. ?

Thanks mate for all your help !

But in aliexpress it is showing usd199

Sent from my Le X509 using Tapatalk

Ok, do the below -

1. Go to this link -

2016 Lastest High end HIMEDIA Q5 PRO Smart Android 5.1 TV Box 3D 4K Uitra HD 2GB/8GB Set Top Box Support DTS Dolby Play Store-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

2. Add this to your cart, click on buy now.

3. Then message the seller that you are my friend (kartik Ahuja, Saudi Arabia) and you need this for USD 150.

4. He wil update the cart & you will recive an email that discount is provided.

5. Pay 150 USD :)

Thanks !

Hi Sam, While my confusion between the H8 & Q5 Pro continues, i have one basic question.

Currently i have the 3D ISO files which run fine on my 1080p screen in 2D & full HD. Post buying either of the player i will run same file on this very screen which is 3D & 1080P only (not 4K). Hope the content of these 3D ISO's will run in 3D mode. As i understand that these 3D prints have 2 x full HD prints thrown at the same time, hence just wondering that my 1080P screen should not become a bottleneck.

Thanks & Peace.

if your 1080p screen is 3D enabled it should not have any problem playing 3D ISO (FS mode) or any other.

Ok, do the below -

1. Go to this link -

2016 Lastest High end HIMEDIA Q5 PRO Smart Android 5.1 TV Box 3D 4K Uitra HD 2GB/8GB Set Top Box Support DTS Dolby Play Store-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

2. Add this to your cart, click on buy now.

3. Then message the seller that you are my friend (kartik Ahuja, Saudi Arabia) and you need this for USD 150.

4. He wil update the cart & you will recive an email that discount is provided.

5. Pay 150 USD :)

Thanks !

Hi,

I am planning to buy Himedia Q10Pro.. which is available with the same seller for $298.99.

Can i give your reference, as mentioned, to the seller in order to a get reduced price?

Back