please suggest a budget media for "Dolby Atmos" content

Not able to upload the files due to large size.

Ok.. Get to audio settings on Kodi, enable "expert mode", select " WASAPI : AVR " under audio output settings.. Enable pass through, as well as enable all the other sections " DTS capable receiver , Dolby capable receiver, DTS HD capable receiver".. This will allow the audio to pass through to AVR and then the AVR should decode them.. you should now be able to the audio codec on your AVR display..

Audio setting is the same as you have mentioned. Movies on my laptop decoded either in DD or DTS but when I stream through KODI , AVR display M IN+PL II Z. Not sure whether movie encoded in DD ,DTS or LPCM. Info status shows 5.1 audio. Tried Dunkirk and Fury movies from posidon addons both shows M IN+PL II Z. If possible please share video addons with DD and DTS sound track.

Audio setting is the same as you have mentioned. Movies on my laptop decoded either in DD or DTS but when I stream through KODI , AVR display M IN+PL II Z. Not sure whether movie encoded in DD ,DTS or LPCM. Info status shows 5.1 audio. Tried Dunkirk and Fury movies from posidon addons both shows M IN+PL II Z. If possible please share video addons with DD and DTS sound track.
Btw whats your AVR model
Did you selected Auto in audio mode in Avr if it is available?

Try pressing the "movie" button on your remote, and it will cycle thru options.. If the movie track has DTS, then your AVR will show DTS + Neo X (or) if the movie has DD, it should show DD + PL IIz..

Hello all, as i mentioned earlier My H96 pro+ TV Box had an issue playing Kodi & There was a motion lag, however when i use to play the same file on MX player there is no lag but the audio out put was the problem coz i don't get Dts-hd, hdma, dolby true-hd on Mx-player but kodi does pass through all these audio formats to my AVR,
I've upgraded to Kodi 18 now before i was using Kodi 17.6, Now there is no lag in the video, the picture quality also seems better now then before,
the current issue what i am facing is lip sync issue, well it happens only when i play a huge file like 15GB and above coz most of the files i've is 20GB and above, I've tried all the settings but still don't see much improvement like i did earlier for motion lag, one thing i noticed is when i play a movie file for a first 5 to 10 mins it works fine later the audio goes faster then the video an it goes completely out of sync,
Is there any fix for this? have any one facing the same issue or do i need to wait till the official Kodi 18 release..?

Today tied same suggested option of pressing movie buttons for cyclic movement of surround sound format but nothing happened, still movie played in M IN+ PL II Z. May be the movie it self encoded with LPCM out. Will try with other movies and let you know.

Today tied same suggested option of pressing movie buttons for cyclic movement of surround sound format but nothing happened, still movie played in M IN+ PL II Z. May be the movie it self encoded with LPCM out. Will try with other movies and let you know.

Is it a BR Rip? how big is the file?.. Chances are that audio format is AAC..

It not a BR rip. Movie stream on Kodi Krypton through Posidon video addons.

When the movie is playing in Kodi, press the "o" Button on keyboard.. This will give you info the audio stream being played and the # of audio channels encoded in the stream..

Yesterday, I add the similar issue :) while playing a movie from laptop through Kodi. Changed the audio settings to Expert.
1. Selected audio out to Receiver HDMI.
2. Enable passthrough.
3. Select Wasabi as audio output, When you enable this will give a list of options to play the audio codec, switch on everything.
4. restart the KODI and try out.
5. One more important point we tend to miss is number audio channels the file have, change the audio channels and select the TruHD or other options and check.

Sorry for not in detail instruction !

All instructions given above followed and exactly same settings in Kodi Krypton. Able to get all Dolby and all DTS in expart menu and active same. Still getting M IN+PL IIz. Movies stored on laptop played through KODI apps shows either Dolby or DTS but only M IN+PLIIz in case of stream movies. How shall I change PCM to bitstream in Kodi.

All instructions given above followed and exactly same settings in Kodi Krypton. Able to get all Dolby and all DTS in expart menu and active same. Still getting M IN+PL IIz. Movies stored on laptop played through KODI apps shows either Dolby or DTS but only M IN+PLIIz in case of stream movies. How shall I change PCM to bitstream in Kodi.

I have no experience with streaming movies..

So, i understand you are able to see DTS / Dolby on AVR display, when you play thru laptop-Kodi.. Right?

What application on desktop are you using to streaming movies?

Movies are stream through KODI on various movie addons like Posidon, cracker, incursion, placenta, excouds etc. usually watch movies on Posidon and incursion.

Hi RP,

Sorry for the late replay.. actually i was testing all things in my nVidia shield, KODI and video addons.

Usually i use "Skynet" video addon, and streams from "real debrid" . When i selecte 4k or ultra hd movies, I am getting DTS, True HD and Atmos. etc. But if i stream the 1080p movies it will be usually uploaded in AC3.

Cheers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back