please suggest a budget media for "Dolby Atmos" content

I forgot to mention that I bought my nvidia shield directly from the US. For less than 200 USD. So I didn’t pay the ridiculous amount it costs here :p

I use Himedia Q5 Pro & Nvidia Shield Tv for media stored on a NAS. I use XBox 1S for Blu Ray discs. Both connected to Denon X2300W -> Samsung 4K Tv.

Himedia Q5 Pro : If i use the installed version of Kodi the sound & picture both don't work properly (low sound, descaled picture). If i run the Himedia wrapper in Kodi then all types of video & sound work perfectly. If i use the Himedia player (Media center) then everything works perfect - 4K video with Dolby True HD, DTS HDMA, DD 5.1 etc. I am very happy with the Himedia Q5 Pro.

Nvidia Shield : Still exploring the setups etc as i got it few days back. Initial thoughts. 4K video with DTS HDMA, Dolby True HD, AC3 5.1 etc worked fine via Plex client. AAC audio seems to output very low volume. Installed SPMC player which seemed to work fine but i need to further check it.

I use Himedia Q5 Pro & Nvidia Shield Tv for media stored on a NAS. I use XBox 1S for Blu Ray discs. Both connected to Denon X2300W -> Samsung 4K Tv.

Himedia Q5 Pro : If i use the installed version of Kodi the sound & picture both don't work properly (low sound, descaled picture). If i run the Himedia wrapper in Kodi then all types of video & sound work perfectly. If i use the Himedia player (Media center) then everything works perfect - 4K video with Dolby True HD, DTS HDMA, DD 5.1 etc. I am very happy with the Himedia Q5 Pro.

Nvidia Shield : Still exploring the setups etc as i got it few days back. Initial thoughts. 4K video with DTS HDMA, Dolby True HD, AC3 5.1 etc worked fine via Plex client. AAC audio seems to output very low volume. Installed SPMC player which seemed to work fine but i need to further check it.
Hi I've H96 pro plus it has kodi 17.3 and i was able to get all the audio format like Dts-hd, true-hd etc i've uninstalled Kodi17.3 and reinstalled kodi17.6 now non of these audio formats are working how to fix it?

Hi I've H96 pro plus it has kodi 17.3 and i was able to get all the audio format like Dts-hd, true-hd etc i've uninstalled Kodi17.3 and reinstalled kodi17.6 now non of these audio formats are working how to fix it?

Hope you have enabled audio pass-through under "expert" menu..

In another thread there is a post about disabling 'sync playback' with audio set to bitstream. That seems to a good solution but I have not got a chance to check it yet. Do try that...

I've uninstalled 17.6 and reinstalled 17.3 again its working fine now i think my H96 is not supporting Kodi 17.6 well, some of the video formats were also not supporting i was getting only the sound but no picture/video, any ways that is been taken care now,

As i mentioned earlier the video play back is not that great in terms of colour reproduction in Kodi the videos look little pale but if i play through MX-player it has better brightness and colour, if i play the same file directly from Tv's USB port it looks really great coz my tv's upscaling is really good,

One thing I've noticed when i go to my Kodi's Setting-Display i see the Screen Resolution shows 1920 X 1080 @60fps and this option is greyed out it is not letting me change to it to any other wherein my TV is 4k and The Display settings in the H96 I've set to 4K@30fps, is this causing the display to not to look better on Kodi? I am not sure, I've tried in every settings like Normal, Advance & Expert but the Screen resolution option is still greyed out its not letting me to change, is there any way to fix it please let me know.

I've uninstalled 17.6 and reinstalled 17.3 again its working fine now i think my H96 is not supporting Kodi 17.6 well, some of the video formats were also not supporting i was getting only the sound but no picture/video, any ways that is been taken care now,

As i mentioned earlier the video play back is not that great in terms of colour reproduction in Kodi the videos look little pale but if i play through MX-player it has better brightness and colour, if i play the same file directly from Tv's USB port it looks really great coz my tv's upscaling is really good,

One thing I've noticed when i go to my Kodi's Setting-Display i see the Screen Resolution shows 1920 X 1080 @60fps and this option is greyed out it is not letting me change to it to any other wherein my TV is 4k and The Display settings in the H96 I've set to 4K@30fps, is this causing the display to not to look better on Kodi? I am not sure, I've tried in every settings like Normal, Advance & Expert but the Screen resolution option is still greyed out its not letting me to change, is there any way to fix it please let me know.

r u able to bit stream with MX player? true HD content

r u able to bit stream with MX player? true HD content
How do i do that? when i went through the settings -Audio on MX player it just says audio pass-through I've enabled it, i get only Dts & Dolby digital but I am getting dts-hd, hdma & true hd etc, and also its not reading the 4k files it reads only hd files, if there is any option please let me know.

Any one bought Nvidia shield 2017 from Amazon.com ? its around 18000 including shipping +import fees (without game control), my main aim is to play videos from hard disk and usb without any lag and slow..

is it worth for 18000, or buy any android box?

Any one bought Nvidia shield 2017 from Amazon.com ? its around 18000 including shipping +import fees (without game control), my main aim is to play videos from hard disk and usb without any lag and slow..

is it worth for 18000, or buy any android box?

Rs 18,000 for a media player?.. Best would be to buy Android TV box for <5K, that can get the job done for you..

Do you have any suggestion for good android media player?

Too many devices in that range, hard to recommend one.. 1GB RAM might be too less, 2GB would be sufficient.. With ROM, guess 16GB should be more than enough.. ofcourse Android 7.0 is the most popular on TV boxes..

X96 Mini seems to be a very good choice for 3K..With ebay.in, you can use coupon codes..

Dear all...
I am using Yamaha RXV681, and a projector. My setup is 5.1.2 dolby atmos.
Can you suggest a budget media player with the following capabilities please....

1. should play downloaded DOLBY ATMOS movie files (blue ray rips)
2. should "bitstream" audio to avr
3. play movies via pen drive or a hard disk
4. should play online movies via internet lan cable or wifi (netflix, amazon prime etc)

Anything around 10k will be great for me.
(I read many of the threads here, but still felt a little confused about playing blueray atoms content.)

Thank you all...
Chaitanya
Q5 pro or q10 pro..from himedia..it's cheap and best with superb video quality..IAM waiting for dune HD 4k pro..launching in June .

I am in the process of purchasing media streaming box and auditioned few like Apple 4KTV, Amazon fire stick and few non branded Android boxes. Not able to audition Roku.. Now I have installed Kodi Krypton 17.6 on my laptop and able to stream movies in 5.1 mode directly on AV receiver. But most of the movie have two channels audio and very few have five channels. My AV Receiver decode 5.1 encoded movies in LPCM but not in DD or DTS. Most of the video addons are not as reliable as Netflix and Amazon prime. Most of the movie are in 720p with 2 channel audio whereas on Netflix and Amazon prime most of the HD with DD+. when I watch movies on Netflix or Amazon prime. (without Kodi platform) through laptop not able to stream 5.1 audio ... Not able to enjoy movies as habit of 5.1 Lossless audio of Blurays... Please advise... Kodi user please advice on VPN, Real debris, Kodi system settings and various addons....
Definitely not willing to hijack this thread...

Dear all...
I am using Yamaha RXV681, and a projector. My setup is 5.1.2 dolby atmos.
Can you suggest a budget media player with the following capabilities please....

1. should play downloaded DOLBY ATMOS movie files (blue ray rips)
2. should "bitstream" audio to avr
3. play movies via pen drive or a hard disk
4. should play online movies via internet lan cable or wifi (netflix, amazon prime etc)

Anything around 10k will be great for me.
(I read many of the threads here, but still felt a little confused about playing blueray atoms content.)

Thank you all...
Chaitanya

Pls check MI TV BOX with option to install Kodi player

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back