Need 2 LCD Tvs - one 26" and another 40/42"

AMITNOIDA

I need 2 LCD TVs - one 26" for my parents room and another 40/42" for my bedroom.

First let me share the need for my parent's room. About 2 years back, the old CRT TV (Haer) in my parent's room went kaput and due to my budget constraint that time I purchased one Samsung 19" LCD monitor at about 7k and connected with one external TV tuner (not in use in my PC) and creative speakers (5.1 but used as 2.1). The picture quality is not good and my mother at about 75 years of age find it difficult to dust so many components. I always feel guilty and curse my budget constraint at that time. Now, I want to replace that make-shift TV with a proper one box 26" LCD TV for them. It will be used for 100% Tatasky TV viewing. As my parent's room is well lit with sunlight, LCD will be better than plasma. Among the current models, Sony is not in my list due to high price. I want to select between Samsung, Hitachi, Panasonic or LG. Now, considering the performance (in SD) and after sales service, which brand and model do you suggest? The viewing distance will be approx. 6 ft. Whether it would be better to go for 32" instead of 26"?

Now, the second requirement is for my bedroom. This will be 100% for 1080p or 720p HD movie/ documentary (Blue ray in future), also occassional music video in DVD. The viewing distance will be approx. 8ft. Perhaps a Full HD 40/42" LCD TV will be better for this purpose. Need your opinion. Any suggestion for model among the brands mentioned above? I have a long desire to own a Pioneer LCD. Will it be wise to own it in India, how about their after sales service? The need for this TV in my bedroom is not immediate. I can wait to accumulate mullah.

well their are many 26" lcd tvs with crappy TN panels so choose wisely,have a look at their viewing angle particularly from vertical axis.
even the other 26" lcds still have a inferior older panel tech compared to the32" and above lcds

well their are many 26" lcd tvs with crappy TN panels so choose wisely,have a look at their viewing angle particularly from vertical axis.
even the other 26" lcds still have a inferior older panel tech compared to the32" and above lcds

Adder, thank for your caution regarding viewing angle particularly from vertical axis. Sometimes my mother watches TV sitting on the floor. So viewing angle is definitely a big factor. Is there any 26" IPS panel LCD available in the market, or IPS panel comes only at the size of 32" and above?

Adder, if I am not wrong you once adviced the forum members for Whirlpool Sud washing machine in Techenclave. That time I was looking for a washing machine and purchased Whirlpool Sud based on your advice and I am damn satisfied. Thank you very much.

For 26 in,Samy will be the best option.
For 40in Sony V550 is good.

Thanks spiro, Sammy is good and in fact I have one 26" Sammy in my drawing room, purchased about 3-4 years ago. That time price was very high (about Rs. 42-43 k).

Now what is the price range of 26" LCD?

Adder, thank for your caution regarding viewing angle particularly from vertical axis. Sometimes my mother watches TV sitting on the floor. So viewing angle is definitely a big factor. Is there any 26" IPS panel LCD available in the market, or IPS panel comes only at the size of 32" and above?

Adder, if I am not wrong you once adviced the forum members for Whirlpool Sud washing machine in Techenclave. That time I was looking for a washing machine and purchased Whirlpool Sud based on your advice and I am damn satisfied. Thank you very much.

well u can spot a IPS or VA based panel easily by checking the vertical axis.
in the 26" if u do buy a tv like sony 26" S series it still have inferior PMVA pr PVA a tech based in 06,only in 32" tvs do u get good panels based on 08/09 tech like the AMVA3 or SPVA.
i would suggest u to buy a 32" lcd.
if u do want a 26" i believe the samsung offering such as B350,B450 uses TN panel based soley on the specs ,so avoid that.
i know for sure the 26S550 uses a VA based panel ,haven't seen other companies like LG which also uses TN and IPS.
so go with either the LG models with IPS panel or the sony 26S550A.

in 40" segment the samsung B530 is a excellent buy,although the V550A is good the price difference is a lot compared to B530.do wait for newyear or christmas deals.

yes my SUD701 is more then a year old now, no issues whats so ever.:).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back