Need 5.1 system for PC above 100 W RMS, under 5K / 80 $

maxthrill

Hi Friends,

Done setting up my new machine and only thing left is music system.:cool: Now I am little short on the budget and have to select 5.1 system little carefully.
I already own Logitec Z623 200W RMS system which is set up in my brothers room. It has very nice effect but lack tweeters and no surround sound so I want to have 5.1 system as I watch movies mostly.

I did some intense research but unfortunately there are very limited options having good specs. I liked 6000U F&D 123 RMS Total Power but beyond the budget. My friend owns it and I think they are OK.

Now the only product I could find which is powerful, affordable is from brand Mitashi BS 120 FU

Audio Features

Total Power Output RMS (W) 110 W
Max Output RMS - Subwoofer (W) 50 W
Max Output RMS - per Satellite (W) 12 W

This one have 50W Subwoofer, the model above this BS 150 FU also have same 50W powered sub but Satellite 20W , so chose this one. Cost is 5200 on flipkart and Vijay Sales and reviews seem to be very good on FK/ SD.
Please suggest if this brand is good and if anyone have experience with Mitashi. I checked and found Service center listed in our area. (Pune) There are no good powerful systems in same price tag,Please suggest should I go with this one or stay away... Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Guys, please help me with this dilemma, Specs seem to be fine.. Astonia SC 301 Stereo Amplifier is option I can go with, I have two 70 Watt RMS speakers I can plug but I am not sure if I will get satisfactory performance for low and mid frequencies.. please suggest

I would any day prefer Creative over any other brand (specially Mitashi and INtex) in ultra low price catagory. Check this one ... Creative Inspire T6160

ANd since you already have Logitech why dont give a try to Logitech Z506, if you can increase your budget a bit

Last edited:
What are you going to connect your 5.1 speakers to? Do you have any device having analog outs? Do you own a receiver?

No, I do not own the receiver, I need to connect to my CPU.

Taking Astonia demo is not possible I think since I am not aware about any retailer here from Pune.

About Z506, The specs are not that overwhelming, Sub is underpowered and total output is under 70 W RMS, same thing with Creative. The power of Mitashi (On Paper!) impressed me.

Mitashi BS 120 FU Multimedia Speakers - Mitashi: Flipkart.com

Specs mean nothing, hardly any brand that provides true specs, Matishi as a brand is pretty low ball, creative is much ahead in terms of quality. Rest is how/what your ears perceive. Listen to both if possible and take ur decission

maxthrill, I would say better wait for time to gather more budget and get a better setup. It is better you buy once than upgrade every other year

@ Haisaikat, Bought already, but I think this investment will not go to waste, its compact, powerful (as per the specs, I am yet to put my hands on :p) I can put it anywhere even in kitchen to play radio..

@ Koushik, below are the specs, see and let me know if they suggest anything meaningful :

Audio Features
Total Power Output RMS (W) 40 W
Max Output RMS - Subwoofer (W) 16 W
Frequency Response 40 - 20000 Hz (Satellite)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB) 70 dB
Other Audio Features Sub-woofer Driver Unit: 4.5 Full Range Woofer Driver, Satellite Driver Unit: 3 Full Range Speaker Driver, Distortion: 1 % at 1W 1 kHz, Separation: 55dB (1 KHz)

@ Haisaikat, Bought already, but I think this investment will not go to waste, its compact, powerful (as per the specs, I am yet to put my hands on :p) I can put it anywhere even in kitchen to play radio..

@ Koushik, below are the specs, see and let me know if they suggest anything meaningful :

Audio Features
Total Power Output RMS (W) 40 W
Max Output RMS - Subwoofer (W) 16 W
Frequency Response 40 - 20000 Hz (Satellite)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB) 70 dB
Other Audio Features Sub-woofer Driver Unit: 4.5 Full Range Woofer Driver, Satellite Driver Unit: 3 Full Range Speaker Driver, Distortion: 1 % at 1W 1 kHz, Separation: 55dB (1 KHz)
I have three of those iball tarang 2.1 and have tried connecting each to get 5.0 surround and it really worked. I have a pc with 5.1 out and just tested it. Honestly you cant expect it to perform like a perfect stereo setup but its VFM if you dont want to spend a lot
These speakers can be taken anywhere as they are very compact. I am using them for about 3 years and no issues yet.

Hi, i would recommend a Creative Inspire 5.1 , by the way, do you know how to connect it on a samsung smart tv? is there a converter for that? there's only one hole for audio out on the tv, but the pc speakers has 3 cords. rear front and sub. thanks

Go for creative 5.1 speaker + creative 5.1 sound card, provide great effect..
I have the same as creative creative inspire M5300 5.1 speaker with external USB 5.1 output Creative sound card.

Hi, i would recommend a Creative Inspire 5.1 , by the way, do you know how to connect it on a samsung smart tv? is there a converter for that? there's only one hole for audio out on the tv, but the pc speakers has 3 cords. rear front and sub. thanks

audio out from TV is stereo. no point connecting to 5.1 / 4.1. Better see if TV has optical out because then following type of device can be of use Pixtek Dolby Digital Decoder AC 3 PRO Logic DTS TO Analog 5 1 Audio Converter | eBay

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back