Need a good AVR/Amplifier

munna

Hello experts, I had bought Denon AVR2310 in 2012 and it has worked very well with my Bose AM10 speakers. Due to a recent power fluctuation and it caused my Denon working only 2.1 channel and not 5.1. Also it is not reading the Opto signal from TV (4K), What could have gone wrong ! Should i get it repaired or buy new under some sale/promotion. Other way i am thinking to buy an amplifier 100W 8Ohm each channel and use it with TV audio out. This amplifier i can connect with Bose AM10. WIll it work or it will have some latency with TV movie dialogues!! Failed to understand why we need AVR when we have TV audio out to connect any amplifier + speaker system!! Also please suggest in future should I use a stabilizer with my TV/AVR/Amplifier system !!
Your expertise will help me lot. Please advise.

AVR is required only when you want actual 5.1 dolby surround sound out of your speakers. You can just use a normal 5 chanel amplifier to power your speakers. I believe that the subwoofer is active so you do not need to power that with the amplifier. Moreover even a 2 chanel amplifier can do the job if you can connect the speakers in series. Since two channels of your AVR are working, my advice would be to connect four of the boss speakers to the present AVR in series. Two in left chanel and two in the right. Center chanel will not be necessary here as you will be using PCM mode in the TV and stereo mode in the AVR. Use it till it last. Then plan on buying a new AVR. There should be no problem with the AVR as these are small speakers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back