Need a good projector

Kannan

Dear friends,

I am absolutely a newbie to projectors and totally out of sync with modern TV or display technologies.
I still use a 12-year-old Panasonic Plasma TV, not much though and the source in Amazon Fire TV stick and sometimes chromecast video.

I recently shifted to a new duplex styled house and the 1st floor landing is about 8x9 with a wide wall in front of the internal staircase.

I was just wondering if I can use that wall as a large screen to display the contents through a projector via Amazon Fire TV stick and chromecast.

Not interested in spending more than 15k which in itself I feel is a bit on the higher side. Though i am not looking at very high resolution image quality, what I need is a more than decent viewing. I have a Philips soundbar for the audio part.

I found a thread on budget projectors like the Egate etc. but cant make any leeway out of it.

So would be great of any FMs can share some decent projectors in the above budget.

Dear friends,

I am absolutely a newbie to projectors and totally out of sync with modern TV or display technologies.
I still use a 12-year-old Panasonic Plasma TV, not much though and the source in Amazon Fire TV stick and sometimes chromecast video.

I recently shifted to a new duplex styled house and the 1st floor landing is about 8x9 with a wide wall in front of the internal staircase.

I was just wondering if I can use that wall as a large screen to display the contents through a projector via Amazon Fire TV stick and chromecast.

Not interested in spending more than 15k which in itself I feel is a bit on the higher side. Though i am not looking at very high resolution image quality, what I need is a more than decent viewing. I have a Philips soundbar for the audio part.

I found a thread on budget projectors like the Egate etc. but cant make any leeway out of it.

So would be great of any FMs can share some decent projectors in the above budget.
Stretch your budget to get a decent experience. Get an Epson eh tw650 in the very least. It should cost around 50k. If you go below that you may end up cursing the entire pj experience.

Stretch your budget to get a decent experience. Get an Epson eh tw650 in the very least. It should cost around 50k. If you go below that you may end up cursing the entire pj experience.
plus 1 for this
as i have experienced the same first hand
if you don't want to spend 50k then wait for a used one and pick up a proper projector else the experience will not be satisfying

My max budget is 15k. So will have to drop it

You can look for Sale section where you may get decent projector in price range. You might have to stretch your budget.

Kannan,

I know we were meant to talk.

I have a good projector which I am not using. Its an Optoma HD803

It is pretty good with a native 8k:1 contrast ratio (most LED TVs today have a native ration of between 2k:1 and 5k:1), but not very bright, so you will need a darkened room.

its over 10 years old and it probably needs its first lamp replacement. that will cost about 6-12k depending on whether you buy original or aftermarket. it may also need servicing. (cleaning etc)

But I can give it to you at a really reasonable price which will come close to your cost target, even after your factor in the lamp. I think I still have the box but it may not be in the best of condition.

It was purchased in India from the authorised India dealer and I am the first owner

@kapvin ,
From your profile pic, i can guess that you have Senheiser HD800 headphones.
Please give some review on it and how someone can buy it fare price.

Dear friends,

Put the post in the Wanted section. I am sure there will be some very good used FHD projectors you can get at that range as there will be people migrating to 4k projectors. Egate should be another option but not sure if it fits the budget.

@kapvin Thanks for your offer.
I dont think the area can be darkened and I would prefer a straightforward working solution.
Anyhow dropped the idea for now.

Thanks

@Kannan I have a working Epson 705HD projector with an extra bulb. It will fit your budget and requirements. Can put it for sale in subforum if anyone is interested.

Dear friends,

Hello, though it seems to me that im too late to reply but i think i can still make an offer, i have one NEC NP100 Projector , it was purchased personally from singapore in last of 2016, it has done under 500 hrs till date, with original box, remote,power ford. Asking price is 20K including shipping.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back