Need a home theater system in 20K max

thenvk

Hi

one of my frnd is looking for a HT set in 20K. He has LG dvd player with DivX.

He wants to use it with the DVD player and a computer with 5.1 sound card.

Requirements are not much but the deep bass(Just as in a Disco) is more important.

We found here one of the local guy selling the onkyo SR504 receiver at 8k. How about taking that and adding decent speakers?

also we are looking at Samsung HT-TZ312T aprox 17K.

Does a sub woofer gives a better bass or a normal speaker gives it?
please suggest us the better one

thanks in advance...

Hi

Requirements are not much but the deep bass(Just as in a Disco) is more important.

We found here one of the local guy selling the onkyo SR504 receiver at 8k. How about taking that and adding decent speakers?

thanks in advance...

onkyo SR504 for 8k. That sounds really cheap. i thought it costs around 20k. Where is it available ?

Its a used one..Just the receiver. Not with the speakers. One of the guy at my place is selling it as he upgraded.

The Onkyo receiver sounds sweet but that leaves with just another 12K for speakers & you are not going to find anything within this range with solid Bass.

You can look at Jamo S406 speakers to pair with the Onkyo. They cost less than Rs. 14000 & are decent for the money. Good bass too.

The Samsung you have listed sounds good but my vote goes to the Philips HTS3571/98 for only one reason; it has a 8" sub woofer. It is the only one in the line up to have a woofer of this size.

Sub Woofers will give you better bass at a lower cost. You might have to spend a bit to get the same deep response of a sub woofer from a regular floor standing speaker.

Hi

thanks in advance...

Hi,

Instead Add 2 k more and go for Onkyo 3100/3200 or Yamaha YHT-195.

Thanks,
Prakash,

@prakash
Does Yamaha 463 match well with Jamo 406 ?
Sorry Dint mean to post it in this thread. My bad...

You can audition the same.

I personally did not like the sound of Jamo 406

If 3200 is quoted higher, you can look for 3100 too.

or for best price you can get yht 195 shipped from vijay sales, mumbai.

or try xcite hbad for yht 195.

Thanks,
Prakash.

thanks all for the inputs.

I actually did some exploring here and found that the HTIBS are no good for music. The priority here is for music so I was looking at alternative
May be a decent amp with DIY speakers would do the job.

can some one comment on my opinion please...

We are just looking at music quality with smooth and deep bass...

Please suggest me some thing

Sorry for posting again...

We did not get anything till now,still searching this forum due to lots of confusion ( We got this after reading multiple replies/Queries etc)

We will be using with only the computer. It already have a 5.1 Sound card. The current local made 5.1 is giving me decent sound, which I am satisfied of.

Now we are looking at philips HTS3378/98 and heard that the 2.1 to 5.1 conversion is horrible.for me the Sound card will do the job, can I go ahead with the above model? I have all the songs in Mp3 format ranging from 128 to 320Kbps VBRs.

Does the above model has Aux In as 2 channel or is it 5.1 channel?

Are there any 5.1 audio amplifiers alone in market?

Last edited:
What exactly are you searching for? Stereo or 5.1? Music or movies? You mentioned you wanted deep bass (a la a disco). That, to my mind, is not about music but volume and frequency extension. For the 20K budget, it's near impossible. My suggestion would be to first think about what you want, and then spend the money wisely on a simple, upgradeable setup. If your music is all in MP3 format, then there is no need to go for an extraordinary speaker setup, since the MP3 quality does not require that.

In stereo, for 20K you can get a very decent sounding setup. 5.1 is very difficult in this budget.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back