Need a hometheatre Setup Under 3 lakhs.

rushabrdx

Hello everyone,
Im new to home theatre thingy hence need some help
I have a room completely wired and done for an 7.2.2 setup.
Im on a 3 lakhs budget.
I need a 4k projector with an 7.2.2 setup. My room is 16X11
Please dont troll me as im completly new and want to explore

Hi

Welcome to HFV

I would suggest you read the threads under 'What Should I buy' and 'Home Theatre'

Many new members have gone through those threads and have achieved in getting decent systems.....

If there are HT dealers around you, please visit them and audition the various brands and models available...list down what meets your requirements of performance and budget.....we can then help further to reduce that list to the best possible one...

Is the projector also part of the 3 lakhs budget? What about Screen?

You will be the ultimate owner of the system and hence it needs to give you satisfaction for playback and investment done....trust your ears.....

Please dont troll me as im completly new and want to explore

Feel free to clarify queries and FM will help you to the best of their abilities..

I have a room completely wired and done for an 7.2.2 setup.

Don't you wish for a 7.2.4 set-up? ;).. If you have limited to 7.2.2 due to budget, just wanted to update that you can complete a 7.2.4 inside your budget.. Very well possible..

Im on a 3 lakhs budget. I need a 4k projector with an 7.2.2 setup.

Though your budget is very good, doing both inside 3 Lacs is a tough ask.. A 4K projector alone will eat 40 - 50% of your budget..

Sound takes more precedence than picture.. If you can reconsider a FHD projector which will cost less, then you can have a worthy set-up + large screen expereince..

My room is 16X11

Hope 16 feet is length of the room?.. Is this a dedicated room?.. Does the room have false ceiling?..

Getting a 4k projector is of no use as there isn't much material available in that format. Also it would save you a bundle sticking to full HD.
Like @elangoas mentioned, the audio really makes or breaks the experience.
Also a suggestion i can make is contact another forum member @Ravindra Desai , who is also a Kolhapur resident, and should be able to guide you with regards to the sound part, including sound treatment if needed.
No trolling happens on this forum, we all start somewhere. Also i would suggest not to hurry out of excitement, and take your time audition a few systems if you can.
Always remember, that our opinions are more of a guideline, In the end you have to decide what flavor of any given system sounds within the given budget.
As you have mentioned you have wired the room, Can we see any pictures of it? That also helps as placement of speakers have to be optimal to get the best performance out of it.

Hi

Welcome to HFV

I would suggest you read the threads under 'What Should I buy' and 'Home Theatre'

Many new members have gone through those threads and have achieved in getting decent systems.....

If there are HT dealers around you, please visit them and audition the various brands and models available...list down what meets your requirements of performance and budget.....we can then help further to reduce that list to the best possible one...

Is the projector also part of the 3 lakhs budget? What about Screen?

You will be the ultimate owner of the system and hence it needs to give you satisfaction for playback and investment done....trust your ears.....
Thanks!
I went to those threads but unfortunately did not help
I have one dealer around me ,visited his setup was quite satisfied but he gave me an quote of 3lakhs for 5.2.2 and 1080p projector where 95000 where for a screen and i t seems quite costly.
and yes everything under 3 lakhs but i can increase 50k if it helps.
Feel free to clarify queries and FM will help you to the best of their abilities..

Don't you wish for a 7.2.4 set-up? ;).. If you have limited to 7.2.2 due to budget, just wanted to update that you can complete a 7.2.4 inside your budget.. Very well possible..

Though your budget is very good, doing both inside 3 Lacs is a tough ask.. A 4K projector alone will eat 40 - 50% of your budget..

Sound takes more precedence than picture.. If you can reconsider a FHD projector which will cost less, then you can have a worthy set-up + large screen expereince..

Hope 16 feet is length of the room?.. Is this a dedicated room?.. Does the room have false ceiling?..
No false celing but can be done, yes 16 feet is the length. im not considering a FHD becausse this system is goona last for atleast 5-7 years.
I already have a media player (NVIDIA SHIELD) And wiring done in the room.
All i need is 4k projector , screen and sound with AV Receiever.

Getting a 4k projector is of no use as there isn't much material available in that format. Also it would save you a bundle sticking to full HD.
Like @elangoas mentioned, the audio really makes or breaks the experience.
Also a suggestion i can make is contact another forum member @Ravindra Desai , who is also a Kolhapur resident, and should be able to guide you with regards to the sound part, including sound treatment if needed.
No trolling happens on this forum, we all start somewhere. Also i would suggest not to hurry out of excitement, and take your time audition a few systems if you can.
Always remember, that our opinions are more of a guideline, In the end you have to decide what flavor of any given system sounds within the given budget.
As you have mentioned you have wired the room, Can we see any pictures of it? That also helps as placement of speakers have to be optimal to get the best performance out of it.
Sorry to say but i do have a good amount of 4k content and also will be buying an ps4 pro for gaming and hence would like it to be future proof,
also about ravindra desai sir i do not know him so will contact him after 3-4 months as i dont want to bug from now as my funrinture is underway and theatre will be done 6 months from now .Wil take a QUTATION from him too.
Also reason i mentioned trolling is because that happened when i was trying to build a gaming pc , which i now successfully have,
i will post the pictures tommorow and let you know
THANKS A LOT.

Here are few Photos let me know if you want more

Attachments

• layout 4.jpg
    layout 4.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 79
  • layou5.jpg
    layou5.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 78
  • layout 6.jpg
    layout 6.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 79
  • wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 77
All i need is 4k projector

Looks like you all set for 4K.. Great.. No idea on 4K projectors, but if you have already enq on models & prices, share here.. Other members would help you narrow down..

95000 where for a screen and i t seems quite costly.

95K for a screen.. VoW..:eek: Just too much.. Which brand is this?

Having seen your pics, would you instead consider going DIY for the screen?.. Either grey paint (or) Acoustic transparent (AT) screen, either of them shouldn't cost more than 1/10th of the branded screen cost.. (10K)

if you take AT screen route, you can look for 150 inch diagonal wall to wall..

and sound with AV Receiever.

For the AVR if you are not looking for more than a 7.2.2 (or) a 5.2.4 capable AVR, then consider Pioneer LX 303 & Onkyo TX NR 787, abt 70K approx..

If you wish to go for more immersive experience with 4 overhead speakers, then consider Denon x 4400 / Marantz SR 6012, a 7.2.4 capable AVR with additional power amplifier (Not necessarily have to be new)..

From the pics, you seem to be doing false ceiling.. So adding height speakers / inceiling speakers should be easy..

Hi 3 lakh is a very good budget for HT ,except for that 4k pj. An actual native 4k pj will cost more than this budget .Suppose if you are getting good 4k-pixel shifting type (faux 4k type) pj then it will drag 50 to 60% of your budget .
So take this into account and plan for pj options.4k contents are available but Currently 4k pj is in the evolvement stage (still now there is no Dolby vision support for 4k pj ,where as the same is available in 4K TV) and its prices here in India is very high . (Still if you require 4k ,then a 48" to 55" 4k TV can be an another option).But for sure pj experiences cannot be matched with TV .Later when the 4k pj become affordable and the technology settles u can plan for it.It just my opinion ,You are the final owner.

Other than that 7.1.4 can be accomodated in your room size. (U may be requiring a minimum 9 channel AVR (Denon x4400 or Marantz sr 6012 or equivalent models )with preout options .
Visit your nearest AV dealers and have good audition for selecting AVR & speakers based on your taste and budget.
Feel free to write..there are many experienced FM available in this forum ,who are likely to help.Good luck.

Looks like you all set for 4K.. Great.. No idea on 4K projectors, but if you have already enq on models & prices, share here.. Other members would help you narrow down..

95K for a screen.. VoW..:eek: Just too much.. Which brand is this?

Having seen your pics, would you instead consider going DIY for the screen?.. Either grey paint (or) Acoustic transparent (AT) screen, either of them shouldn't cost more than 1/10th of the branded screen cost.. (10K)

if you take AT screen route, you can look for 150 inch diagonal wall to wall..

For the AVR if you are not looking for more than a 7.2.2 (or) a 5.2.4 capable AVR, then consider Pioneer LX 303 & Onkyo TX NR 787, abt 70K approx..

If you wish to go for more immersive experience with 4 overhead speakers, then consider Denon x 4400 / Marantz SR 6012, a 7.2.4 capable AVR with additional power amplifier (Not necessarily have to be new)..

From the pics, you seem to be doing false ceiling.. So adding height speakers / inceiling speakers should be easy..
I was BEST quoted for 1.75 lakhs for BENQ w1700 im consedring it as it has 3d @1080P but still looking for a better price.
No mention of the brand but 95k it way too much according to me , and yes considering DIY CURVED SCREEN , resaon is the furniture will be going on and those guys can make it just need ProPer instructions for it.
also does the 4 overhead speakers makes a good diffrence?
And yes FALSE CELLING IS ACTUALLY DONE THE INTERIOR DESIGNER WAS SAMRT :)

Hi 3 lakh is a very good budget for HT ,except for that 4k pj. An actual native 4k pj will cost more than this budget .Suppose if you are getting good 4k-pixel shifting type (faux 4k type) pj then it will drag 50 to 60% of your budget .
So take this into account and plan for pj options.4k contents are available but Currently 4k pj is in the evolvement stage (still now there is no Dolby vision support for 4k pj ,where as the same is available in 4K TV) and its prices here in India is very high . (Still if you require 4k ,then a 48" to 55" 4k TV can be an another option).But for sure pj experiences cannot be matched with TV .Later when the 4k pj become affordable and the technology settles u can plan for it.It just my opinion ,You are the final owner.

Other than that 7.1.4 can be accomodated in your room size. (U may be requiring a minimum 9 channel AVR (Denon x4400 or Marantz sr 6012 or equivalent models )with preout options .
Visit your nearest AV dealers and have good audition for selecting AVR & speakers based on your taste and budget.
Feel free to write..there are many experienced FM available in this forum ,who are likely to help.Good luck.
i do know 4k is basically new but the reason i wanna go with it is bevause the Projetcor i buy wont change until 7 years as i have SPENDING too much on technology again and again and rather Prefer a single one time long investment. Still will consider an 1080p and look whats better to SPEND on. PJ OR SOUND. i stay in kolhapur and i have very few OPtions of AUDITIONS.

I was BEST quoted for 1.75 lakhs for BENQ w1700 im consedring it as it has 3d @1080P but still looking for a better price.

That is more than half of your budget..

and yes considering DIY CURVED SCREEN , resaon is the furniture will be going on and those guys can make it just need ProPer instructions for it.

Ok great..

also does the 4 overhead speakers makes a good diffrence?

I have 2 overheads.. It is good.. but 4 overheads will give you more immersive feel.. Anyways this will depend on what projector you settle for (price) and then need to reconsider AVR accordingly on the remaining budget..

i do know 4k is basically new but the reason i wanna go with it is bevause the Projetcor i buy wont change until 7 years as i have SPENDING too much on technology again and again and rather Prefer a single one time long investment. Still will consider an 1080p and look whats better to SPEND on. PJ OR SOUND. i stay in kolhapur and i have very few OPtions of AUDITIONS.

If you are firm on 4k pj , look for Optoma UHD 65 option too.

As said by Elangaos ,Im using 2 over head speakers ,but auditioned 4 over head speakers too,it will give better panning effects of the height details and immersion .

That is more than half of your budget..

Ok great..

I have 2 overheads.. It is good.. but 4 overheads will give you more immersive feel.. Anyways this will depend on what projector you settle for (price) and then need to reconsider AVR accordingly on the remaining budget..
Yes it is more than HALF hence looking for a better quote,
also im looking to diy a curved screen can someone guide to a proper guide,
Yes the point about 4 overheds is good thanks

If you are firm on 4k pj , look for Optoma UHD 65 option too.

As said by Elangaos ,Im using 2 over head speakers ,but auditioned 4 over head speakers too,it will give better panning effects of the height details and immersion .
Thanks ,
i havent seen UHD65 below 2.5lakhs until now so out of my price point, any chances the prices will get lowered around DIWALI?
Will audition a 4 overhead speaker system if its avialable :)

Since your room will take another 6 months to ready, there is no point in getting quotes now as prices keep changing.
Are you going to go for Inwall speakers for LCR & Surrounds?True 4k projector you can just forget as at the moment they will not be anywhere near to costing your total budget, so best is to look at the 4k 'upscaling' models from benq/optoma/viewsonic. 7 years for PJ usage is good to think but unwise to expect as more often than not the technology is being developed to make current technology obsolete. Ensure you buy a good quality screen as no matter what people say, a screen is equally important as is the projector to give the desired result.
At your intended budget, If you are hellbent on spending on a projector that does 4k, then you will definitely have to compromise on the speakers /sub & AVR, which is also not recommended. You already have a good source so ensure its capabilities are not going to be under utilized. 4 speakers for height most definitely makes sense but then your room size & seating space in relation to those 4 speakers also becomes critical in order to get the desired separation from ceiling & surround speakers, so keep that in mind as well.
I suggest you travel to places outside of your city to get demos of such set ups to get a good understanding of how such set ups work.
Best Wishes

Since your room will take another 6 months to ready, there is no point in getting quotes now as prices keep changing.
Are you going to go for Inwall speakers for LCR & Surrounds?True 4k projector you can just forget as at the moment they will not be anywhere near to costing your total budget, so best is to look at the 4k 'upscaling' models from benq/optoma/viewsonic. 7 years for PJ usage is good to think but unwise to expect as more often than not the technology is being developed to make current technology obsolete. Ensure you buy a good quality screen as no matter what people say, a screen is equally important as is the projector to give the desired result.
At your intended budget, If you are hellbent on spending on a projector that does 4k, then you will definitely have to compromise on the speakers /sub & AVR, which is also not recommended. You already have a good source so ensure its capabilities are not going to be under utilized. 4 speakers for height most definitely makes sense but then your room size & seating space in relation to those 4 speakers also becomes critical in order to get the desired separation from ceiling & surround speakers, so keep that in mind as well.
I suggest you travel to places outside of your city to get demos of such set ups to get a good understanding of how such set ups work.
Best Wishes
Seems i will have to det demos from outside of the city, and as per what i need il have to up my budget as ill be going 4k to be future proof.
and im not going for inwall speakers. and il make the sitting arrangement according to the speakers to get the best output.
I know the screen is equally important but 95k isnt something il go for :)and yes its not wise to get quotes from now as prices keep changing, i just have to come up with a final build before hand and wanted to get as much as knowlegdge so that im not ripped of under the name of technology :)
Thank you so much for your response sir.

also im looking to diy a curved screen can someone guide to a proper guide,

Few members have done this curved screen in the past.. Open a new thread under DIY section of the forum, with curved screen in the title, more chances of detailed inputs..I had done DIY regular acoustic transparent screen, but not much idea on curved screen..

i havent seen UHD65 below 2.5lakhs until now so out of my price point, any chances the prices will get lowered around DIWALI?

Mostly likely nope, as these are not fast moving electronic goods like LED TV.. These are very high priced goods, so only a fair negotiation can help you get one..

How about a xiomi 4k projector plus matrix (4k) 100" or 120" screen? here u r avoiding projector stand, lengthy hdmi and power cables..! both together costs around a lakh then Svs pb-1000 subwoofer 60k now u have enough cash to buy any decent speakers like dali's, system audio, earthquake or kliptch.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back