Need a hometheatre Setup Under 3 lakhs.

For a 4k option, Optoma uhd 60/65 will be your best option. Try and source it from the US, so you save money for other items.
For screen, please dont build a curved screen, its too difficult and i dont think you have the dimensions for it. For screen research go to carlofet.com on how to build it, materials and distance calculation.

Last edited:
How about a xiomi 4k projector plus matrix (4k) 100" or 120" screen? here u r avoiding projector stand, lengthy hdmi and power cables..! both together costs around a lakh then Svs pb-1000 subwoofer 60k now u have enough cash to buy any decent speakers like dali's, system audio, earthquake or kliptch.
From what i know Xiomi isnt a 4k projector !!
And thanks a lot

For a 4k option, Optoma uhd 60/65 will be your best option. Try and source it from the US, so you save money for other items.
For screen, please dont build a curved screen, its too difficult and i dont think you have the dimensions for it. For screen research go to carlofet.com on how to build it, materials and distance calculation.
I can source from us but warranty? Beacause it will stil cost a lakh and something happends i might have to pay.
Thanks for the screen suggestion as per what i read and suggest a curved screen is complex but il still look into it.
Thanks for your valuable time

Buy whatever you like, but spare some thought and budget for acoustic treatment.
A home theater without acoutic treatment is just like a human body without a soul. Plan for it at this stage. If already done/planned, plz ignore.
Anyway best of luck.

Buy whatever you like, but spare some thought and budget for acoustic treatment.
A home theater without acoutic treatment is just like a human body without a soul. Plan for it at this stage. If already done/planned, plz ignore.
Anyway best of luck.
How far aor how low can an acoustic treatment cost, and does those accoustic panels work and make a diffrence?

How far aor how low can an acoustic treatment cost, and does those accoustic panels work and make a diffrence?

They not only make a difference, but a huge difference.

Average equipment in an acoustically treated room can anytime beat a high end one without any acoustic treatment.

And all this i am saying is from personal experience. I have a dedicated HT room with DIY acoustic panels and full ceiling/floor treatment. I even have a few bass traps also.

PM me if you have any questions and need details.

The acoustic treatment is a must. atleast a semi acoustic is mandatory for a theatre which will cost u approximately 30-40k for ur room size(bass traps & acoustic panels).
I was using a sony VPL-VW1000ES projector which i have sold to a friend recently bcoz of a very limited content availability . Please think twice before spending a hefty amount of cash on projector.I would suggest you to invest initially on the acoustics, speakers, amplifier and subwoofer and finally plan the projector based on the budget

The acoustic treatment is a must. atleast a semi acoustic is mandatory for a theatre which will cost u approximately 30-40k for ur room size(bass traps & acoustic panels).
I was using a sony VPL-VW1000ES projector which i have sold to a friend recently bcoz of a very limited content availability . Please think twice before spending a hefty amount of cash on projector.I would suggest you to invest initially on the acoustics, speakers, amplifier and subwoofer and finally plan the projector based on the budget
Ok great. thanks a lot for the suggestions. im based in kolhapur and had a demo of 5.1.2 . Sounded great and was in my budget. will update the thread if i buy . about 4k content i do have a lot of it around 30-40 movies of 50-80 gig size. 5tbs of them to be exact :)
Thanks a lot for help will look for acoustics treatment.

Average equipment in an acoustically treated room can anytime beat a high end one without any acoustic treatment.

And all this i am saying is from personal experience. I have a dedicated HT room with DIY acoustic panels and full ceiling/floor treatment. I even have a few bass traps also.

Il sure be troubling you in PMS in future. my home furniture is now completed but as the furnitire itself went over budget have moved theatre plans ahead.
Thanks for all your help.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back