Need a low cost plate amp or any other amp for a active sub

debzkool

I am looking for a low cost plate amp/ any other low cost amp for an independent active subwoofer. I searched around Kolkata but couldnt find one. Could any one please help. I am from Bangalore and in Kolkata for a couple of days.

You could take a look at diyaudiocart.com there is a lot of low cost amps. Alternatively there are these tda7293 based amps available in chadni.

You could take a look at diyaudiocart.com there is a lot of low cost amps. Alternatively there are these tda7293 based amps available in chadni.

Hi Saheb, thanks for the reply. I am looking at building a sub with a 12 inch peerless driver. Hence need a power capacity of 300W+. I looked in Chadni but couldnt find anything suitable. Could you please share some more details of shop/brand/model. I am in Kolkata till Saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

I dont know much about India and have never even set foot in Kolkata. But I have a few power amps made by hand with class D chips.
If you want good sound in the 300 watt range and its to drive a full range speaker (so it should be fast and detailed sounding) the best bet is a TAS5630 based amp kit.
If you want power, and it should have the wear capability of a camel - as in very very robust and near indestructible - your best bet is an IRF610 chip based amp. Look on diyaudio for more info about these and other kit based amps.
You probably could get these in any city. In Chennai I know Ritchie street. They used to make and sell these in the 80's and 90's. Probably more so now.
Cool.
Srinath.

Hi Saheb, thanks for the reply. I am looking at building a sub with a 12 inch peerless driver. Hence need a power capacity of 300W+. I looked in Chadni but couldnt find anything suitable. Could you please share some more details of shop/brand/model. I am in Kolkata till Saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent you pm.

Also bridging two or four amps will be ample in your case. I use two lm3886 bridged running 4ohms for the sub.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back