Need a new amplifier equivalent to a Sony HTDDW750

svelur

Hi,
I live in Bangalore. I have a Sony HTDDW750 home theater. This system was bought in the US and hence runs on 110V. Off late, the receiver moves to protect mode whenever I switch it on. I took it to a Sony Service Center and I was told that a couple of ICs are over heating and it would cost me about Rs.2500/- to get them replaced. I was also asked to replace my step down transformer. The speakers are working fine.
I was wondering if it would be cheaper for me to buy an assembled amplifier from SP Road. Any recommendations on where I can find a compatible amp?
Thanks,
Siddarth

<Reusing existing thread>

Guys,

I recently bought a Mission MV8 towers to go with my Harmon Kardon AVR 330 and
connected them as the fronts. At lower volumes, everything seems to be fine but
when I increase the volume especially in 2 channel mode, my AMP goes into PROTECT
mode. At lower volumes the combination works fine.

The impedance of the speaker is 8 ohm and sensitivity is 89. Any ideas if the amp
goes into protect mode because the speakers are demanding more power?.

Also my AMP has pre-outs, so if I use a power amp/block will that be able to solve
my problem?.

Please help. Thank you.

Hi,
I live in Bangalore. I have a Sony HTDDW750 home theater. This system was bought in the US and hence runs on 110V. Off late, the receiver moves to protect mode whenever I switch it on. I took it to a Sony Service Center and I was told that a couple of ICs are over heating and it would cost me about Rs.2500/- to get them replaced. I was also asked to replace my step down transformer. The speakers are working fine.

Hi Siddarth, I think the issue is with step down transformer. I also had the same problem with my AMP from USA, Initially I got cheap step down transformer .. it worked for sometime ..but it started to trip even in very small voltage drop. After that I replaced with MAXINE step down transformer with voltage stabilizer. Now I never get this problem now.

The stepdown transformer have to match the watts of the AMP..my firtst transformer doesnt match the watts.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back