Need a new amplifier equivalent to a Sony HTDDW750

svelur

Hi,
I live in Bangalore. I have a Sony HTDDW750 home theater. This system was bought in the US and hence runs on 110V. Off late, the receiver moves to protect mode whenever I switch it on. I took it to a Sony Service Center and I was told that a couple of ICs are over heating and it would cost me about Rs.2500/- to get them replaced. I was also asked to replace my step down transformer. The speakers are working fine.
I was wondering if it would be cheaper for me to buy an assembled amplifier from SP Road. Any recommendations on where I can find a compatible amp?
Thanks,
Siddarth

<Reusing existing thread>

Guys,

I recently bought a Mission MV8 towers to go with my Harmon Kardon AVR 330 and
connected them as the fronts. At lower volumes, everything seems to be fine but
when I increase the volume especially in 2 channel mode, my AMP goes into PROTECT
mode. At lower volumes the combination works fine.

The impedance of the speaker is 8 ohm and sensitivity is 89. Any ideas if the amp
goes into protect mode because the speakers are demanding more power?.

Also my AMP has pre-outs, so if I use a power amp/block will that be able to solve
my problem?.

Please help. Thank you.

Hi,
I live in Bangalore. I have a Sony HTDDW750 home theater. This system was bought in the US and hence runs on 110V. Off late, the receiver moves to protect mode whenever I switch it on. I took it to a Sony Service Center and I was told that a couple of ICs are over heating and it would cost me about Rs.2500/- to get them replaced. I was also asked to replace my step down transformer. The speakers are working fine.

Hi Siddarth, I think the issue is with step down transformer. I also had the same problem with my AMP from USA, Initially I got cheap step down transformer .. it worked for sometime ..but it started to trip even in very small voltage drop. After that I replaced with MAXINE step down transformer with voltage stabilizer. Now I never get this problem now.

The stepdown transformer have to match the watts of the AMP..my firtst transformer doesnt match the watts.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back