Fanless Antec ISK110 cabinet
Asus J1800I-C board
Optimized Win7
4GB RAM
1 TB Samsung evo840 SSD
Foobar2k
HDPlex linear PSU

This was built on advice from some wonderful FMs
Yours looks good to me but who built it?

Looks interesting, Sid. Will explore this route too. Thanks
A few months ago I picked up used adlink fanless pc and powering with acopian lps. Better than NUC because it has fan noise and I listen to music at low volume.

Hi,

My Mac Mini appears to be giving up. I have a lot of digital files - flac, wav, dsd, etc.
  • I need a solution, like a dedicated music computer to play these files;
  • It should ideally have AES/EBU or i2s out. But I can compromise and use Coaxial or USB too, if the other conditions are met;
  • It should preferably have internal storage of around 1TB so that I do not need to connect an external hard drive;
  • It should be available in India;
  • It should be headless and capable of being operated remotely using a phone or other device;
  • I do not need streaming;
  • I do not need a DAC;
  • I would prefer not to use a network server, i.e. I like my music server connected directly to my external DAC.
I will be grateful for product suggestions or if a DIY enthusiast can offer to assemble one for me.

Many thanks
Roon Nucleus .... it ticks all your boxes above
cheers!
Anand

Apparently Lumin has a dealer in India now. Cinema Focus in Chennai.

Their u1 mini may be a good option - has aes output. You would need a WiFi access point though.

For now, based on the opinion of ears that I trust, I'm going with Allo USBridge Signature + LPS. It's a very cost effective option and is said to beat many high end products in terms of sq, so definitely worth a hear. No AES though.

For now, based on the opinion of ears that I trust, I'm going with Allo USBridge Signature + LPS. It's a very cost effective option and is said to beat many high end products in terms of sq, so definitely worth a hear. No AES though.
Great decision. Where are you buying from?

MaSh

I am very happy with my Allo USBridge Sig + Shanti LPS. I have been using it for the past few months now. Also, Allo has stellar support.

Great decision. Where are you buying from?

MaSh
Ordered online from fabtolab.com. Yet to be shipped as I'm told the manufacturer is conducting further testing to ensure that the mother board is trouble free after some recent issues with it.

I am very happy with my Allo USBridge Sig + Shanti LPS. I have been using it for the past few months now. Also, Allo has stellar support.
I'm happy as well with Allo USBridge + Shanti LPS. Planning to upgrade to the Signature version. Is it worth or benefits negligible? Need your suggestion.

Another option might have been to build your own transport with a good parts as I have done. Install Audiophile Linux on it which along with Cantata player can be run headless.
Buy a good case like Streacom and a LPS with multiple outputs like HDplex to power motherboard, CD drive, SSD independently. You can even install dedicated sound card and power it from LPS. Use the USB out of sound card to connect to DAC.
Complete the system with SSD, RAM etc and you should be good to go.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back