Need a suggestion on this to reduce treble or high frequencies :

Amit Satam

Hello All,

After changing my RCA CABLE to Monobrige Cable i could hear good increase in low, mid & high frequencies .

However this has caused harsh sound while listing music in exiting audio setup even in low sounds thus loosing its warmth.

My Audio setup:
1- Pioneer BD18 {CD player}
2- Yamaha WXC 50 {Preamp + DAC + network Steramer}
3- Emotiva a100

Issue: no control to reduced increased treble or high frequencies after changing my RCA cable in stereo setup.

Unfortunately i cannot reduced the sudden treble or high frequencies with my existing setup as AMP dont have equiliser or buttons to change bass, Vocal & treble.

Neither do Yamaha mode -Preamp nor Player helps to reduced treble or high frequencies in my existing setup.

Need a suggestion on this to reduce treble or high frequencies & guidance :

Option 01 - Tube buffer preamp with lbass & treble control [cheapest - FZ audio]

Option 02 - Analogue preamp with equilizer [Best - SCHIIT loki or sys]

Let us know if I am going in correct way to buy this or suggest me right options.

Thank You!!

Regards,
Amit Satam

Welcome to the forum Amit!

Do you have bare floors? This can cause a slight harshness in the HF
Adding a carpet will tame some of the HF brightness.

Apart from gear changes another source of brightness are the cables
Let the cables you have settle in for a little bit and see it they smoothen out.
Typically Copper based cables tend to sound more relaxed.

Regards

Hello All,

After changing my RCA CABLE to Monobrige Cable i could hear good increase in low, mid & high frequencies .

However this has caused harsh sound while listing music in exiting audio setup even in low sounds thus loosing its warmth.

My Audio setup:
1- Pioneer BD18 {CD player}
2- Yamaha WXC 50 {Preamp + DAC + network Steramer}
3- Emotiva a100

Issue: no control to reduced increased treble or high frequencies after changing my RCA cable in stereo setup.

Unfortunately i cannot reduced the sudden treble or high frequencies with my existing setup as AMP dont have equiliser or buttons to change bass, Vocal & treble.

Neither do Yamaha mode -Preamp nor Player helps to reduced treble or high frequencies in my existing setup.

Need a suggestion on this to reduce treble or high frequencies & guidance :

Option 01 - Tube buffer preamp with lbass & treble control [cheapest - FZ audio]

Let us know if I am going in correct way to buy this or suggest me right options.

Thank You!!

Regards,
Amit Satam

Go with the Sommer interconnect or the audio diffuser listed in my for sale thread once it goes live today. Much cheaper than the other options and delivers on what you are looking for. And it's Mumbai based. The diffuser may be all you need actually. Check the for sale section in sometime.

While the magic of tubes is very alluring, it's often a time consuming and expensive affair. Unless you get lucky with your first purchase, you might end up with the inevitable tube rolling – a slippery slope, chasing that perfect tubiness! And in a relative note, not that everything inexpensive is necessarily cheap, paying for a quality component from a reputed brand usually pays in the long run. I am not familiar with FX Audio offerings, so can't comment.

Sometime back an old friend of mine replaced his Behringer FBQ800 with Schiit Loki, and he did find the Loki superior.

As Nikhil mentioned, do play around with the room acoustics and see if you can tame the uneven frequency responses.

Due to Covid19, i have brought stereo setup in Mumbai (parents home) .So can’t do much asthetic nor any room placements/ arrangements addn audio diffusers :).
Would try using Sommer interconnect rca cables & later even Schiit Loki preamp ..
just a smallQ .. since its Loki is not available in Indian markets can i import frm Vendor directly?

Last edited:
Due to Covid19, i have brought stereo setup in Mumbai (parents home) .So can’t do much asthetic nor any room placements/ arrangements addn audio diffusers :).
Would try using Sommer interconnect rca cables & later even Schiit Loki preamp ..
just a smallQ .. since its Loki is not available in Indian markets can i import frm Vendor directly?
Hi,
Have bought a few pieces of gear from Schiit direct. Shipped and delivered with no fuss. But the customs duty is something you have to be prepared for.

Pavan

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back