Need a ton of advices for my brand new Sony 40EX400?

vshreyas

Hi guys, Just 2hrs have passed & I've just got a brand new Sony 40EX400. First I am a n00b in all these, consider the biggest one. I want a budget blu-ray player under 10000rs, can extend another 2-3k extra which seamlessly plays .mkv files off the USB port since i download a lot of tv shows which are 40-50mb to 400-500mb in size & also have inbuilt wireless facility to stream YouTube directly to my TV. Also I've read the sound of this TV is not great but recently when I was snooping around Big Bazaar I found this Koryo Soundbar which retails for some 7000rs. Is it worth buying it or not? Also can someone explain me what is an AV receiver.. I've been looking under the forums about various member's setups & most of them seem to have this, what is it for? plus one more thing that's getting me worried is do i need a stabilizer for my tv?

Blu-Ray player under 10,000 >> Sony BDP-S370.....i think it plays mkv files off USB.....I'm not sure if it will play youtube videos via wifi even with a wifi USB dongle add-on.....

An AVR is an AV Receiver which processes audio and sends it to speakers.....you would need to purchase speakers separately. Receivers in India are comparatively more expensive. In US, receivers are cheaper.

If you have the budget, then get an AVR and speakers. If not, then a soundbar should suffice.

Samsung C5500 gives you all the features. Sony S370 should also work for you (though I have heard Samsung as better support for MKVs, etc). If you like listening to SACD, Sony supports it.

You do not need a stabilize and could instead go for a spike suppressor to be on a safer side.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back