Need a Used Integrated Stereo Amp

mahisiva

Hi,

I own a Denon AV Receiver 2807 and a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 70. I have kept away my Sub Polk SW125, Center Speaker Polk CS2, and 2 towers (Celesta from Torvin) in a pack for time being and using only the Monitor70 to listen to music. I am very much interested in the mid and high frequency response of the speaker with high level of seperation.

I am planning to buy Denon PMA1500AE. Is it worth buying a stereo amp? will it give any significant improvement over my Denon 2807? Is any other Amp like Yamaha give more clear high frequency response than PMA1500AE?

I live in Chennai. Anybody have a used PMA1500AE or above for sale?

Contact me 9940139972.
Siva

I am planning to buy Denon PMA1500AE. Is it worth buying a stereo amp? will it give any significant improvement over my Denon 2807? Is any other Amp like Yamaha give more clear high frequency response than PMA1500AE?

Siva:

The Denon 1500AE is an excellent amp, more musical and involving. I auditioned 1500AE with the corresponding cdp and KEF IQ7, excellent combo IMO, but little bit expensive on the whole. It will be beat Yamaha hands down mate for a 2-channel :D. And yeah, 1500AE is far better for music that your 2807.

Vinod,
Thanks for the reply. I hear lot about this Norge 2060. How good is it compared to the 1500AE? Do you have any idea? Sometimes I am thinking of going for a search in Ritche Street for good assembled SDK amp. Bit confused b'case of my taste for the sharp treble.

Thanks
Siva

Hello siva

You can also try marantz , Nad , Rotel .They are IMO better then the denon ,
The Ritchie street purchase ---- think 10 times or even 100 times before buying there. I had some bitter experience in the past.
You can buy a decent stereo amp for 20 K - new one.

tharun.

just in case you are interested, I have a Marantz PM-17 for sale
pics and other details are available in the classifieds section

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I may need something that pumps more power since my speakers are capable of 250Watts.

Is it still with you? What are the speakers you connected to it? Where do u live in Chennai?

Thanks
Siva

The Marantz PM17 is more than capable of driving the Monitor 70s :)
Actually the PM17 is probably overkill for them

anyway, I live in Velachery
I have that PM17 listed in the classifieds section, so let me know if you are seriously interested

Dear Siva,
The Mrantz pm-17 is a fer better amp than any denon stereo amplifier. The reference series from Marantz is developed specially for music. Go for it.

Hi All,
Thank you for the response. I am looking at various options available and going slow and careful in my selection. I keep analysing the offers and their specs to determine whehter they suit my taste. Every day I go through varios forums and waiting for the right one.

Thanks
Siva

Hi All,
Thank you for the response. I am looking at various options available and going slow and careful in my selection. I keep analysing the offers and their specs to determine whehter they suit my taste. Every day I go through varios forums and waiting for the right one.

Thanks
Siva

Hi Siva,

Since you are in Chennai, you can pay a visit to my home to audition my Craftel amplifier. This is not for sale but you can get an idea and buy a new one from Audiocraft. It is very cost effective.

Hi,

My budget is around 50K.

Thanks
Siva

Siva:

Very good budget indeed for an amplifier. Yeah as other member said Marantz will easily beat the Denon for music. I think you might consider CA 840A V2 in that budget, but am not sure it will fit around 50k budget, an excellent award winning amp, more musical.

Oh! you have a lovely budget to explore and audition excellent amps before taking the plunge.:D

HI,

For the same requirement is there any good amp for less than 20k, 100w to drive wf 9.6.

if any body can suggest will be grateful.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am new to HiFi vision. Not sure whether this is correct way to post. Could someone help me out with the below details.

I have a pair of bookshelves with below specifications: I would like to know the specifications of an the amplifier that would be required to power the speakers?

Specs of the speakers:

Power Handling: 120 W
Sensitivity: 95 db 1 w/m
Impedence : 8 ohms

The above specs are for each speaker. Can somebody help me out in matching an amplifier?

Thanks,
Pradeep

I have that PM17 listed in the classifieds section, so let me know if you are seriously interested

Hi Superczar, can you give us the link to the classifieds post? I am looking for an used int. amp. If I can afford it, I would want to consider it strongly. Of course, it has to be shipped to Hyd. :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back