Need advice for amplifier for Bose acoustimass 10 series 5

In above price, mounting brackets costing Rs.2300/- each 3 nos is also included.

Congrats.

The AM10 paired with Yamaha will definitely sound much better than the 600/650 lifestyle and that too at a lower price point.
I had picked up the AM10 series 5 paired with ONKYO from US (COSTCO) around 2 years before they were released in India. Prices in US is much much lower than prices in India. Also the Bass from the down-firing woofers is much better than the bass from the 600/650 (in my opinion as I had auditioned them twice)
The Yamaha AVR will offer more flexibility as compared to the BOSE command centre.

Funny that the BOSE sales exec in Mumbai showroom told me that since I bought my equipment from Costco its a fake, which had me laughing my guts out.

Congrats.

The AM10 paired with Yamaha will definitely sound much better than the 600/650 lifestyle and that too at a lower price point.
I had picked up the AM10 series 5 paired with ONKYO from US (COSTCO) around 2 years before they were released in India. Prices in US is much much lower than prices in India. Also the Bass from the down-firing woofers is much better than the bass from the 600/650 (in my opinion as I had auditioned them twice)
The Yamaha AVR will offer more flexibility as compared to the BOSE command centre.

Funny that the BOSE sales exec in Mumbai showroom told me that since I bought my equipment from Costco its a fake, which had me laughing my guts out.
Yes, AM10 series5 is cheaper abroad but finally with customs duty and GST and extra weight charged by airlines, makes the cost same as in India.
I understand that Bose does not honor guarantee unless the item is duty & GST paid.

Last 2 months, I was in Adelaide, Australia where I checked the price of AM10 Series5. It is AU$ 1500. i.e. Rs.75,000/- hardly any significant difference in price. In fact, if we calculate the final cost after adding everything as mentioned above it will be higher than the price in India.

Hence I decided to purchase it here with a bundled deal which includes free delivery, installation, and setup.

The cost of electronics in certain countries is expensive (UK, AUS etc).

More or less from what is seen nowadays....US prices are used as a reference and products are being sold here in India by some dealers....hence you see a lot of discounts coming now or then.

Bose India more or less sticks to the US rating prices and calculates the final landing cost based on the Dollar rate fluctuation. The rate of their products would be slightly higher now when compared to Mar or Apr or May

Yes, AM10 series5 is cheaper abroad but finally with customs duty and GST and extra weight charged by airlines, makes the cost same as in India.
I understand that Bose does not honor guarantee unless the item is duty & GST paid.

Last 2 months, I was in Adelaide, Australia where I checked the price of AM10 Series5. It is AU$ 1500. i.e. Rs.75,000/- hardly any significant difference in price. In fact, if we calculate the final cost after adding everything as mentioned above it will be higher than the price in India.

Hence I decided to purchase it here with a bundled deal which includes free delivery, installation, and setup.

The cost in US a few years ago when i picked it up was $1100 at the Bose store - only for the speakers. At the same time Costco was selling the official speaker pairing with Onkyo for $1100. Hence picked it up. Carried all in the suitcase and showed it as separate units (amp for me and speakers for wifey). Made a split bill and no customs was applicable.
Bose RM here in India will scare people by saying that warranty is not valid etc, its fake or its 110 voltage. I question them as to why they are so confident that a Bose product will face issues within 1 year :).
At the same time when i spoke to the technician at Bose he was very confident that the AM 10s will work just fine with a transformer and the product is good to outlast the warranty.

I am also going in for Bose AM10 series 5. I have decided to use YAMAHA RX-V585 AMPLIFIER for this.
The reason is, it is 7.2 with Dolby Atmos-enabled , hence future proof. In future, I may add 2 more speakers to suit Dolby Atmos.
For that, I am thinking to go in for Bose AM5 speakers.
Cost of this Yamaha amplifier in Pune is around Rs.50,000/- but can get some discount, so may cost Rs.45000/- I hope.
If not interested in Dolby etc. then I think YAMAHA RX-V485 AMPLIFIER will suit. Cost is around Rs.40000/- less some discount.
Hi i have AM10 series ii and want to get a YAMAHA RX-V585 receiver. Is it compatible and and how is it?

I had the bose 12 series, very old model. its 5.1 speakers but unfortunately my amplified subwoofer conked off. Now I am just left with 5 cubicle speakers. I just need help in getting the amplified subwoofer which can macth the speakers output.

I had the bose 12 series, very old model. its 5.1 speakers but unfortunately my amplified subwoofer conked off. Now I am just left with 5 cubicle speakers. I just need help in getting the amplified subwoofer which can macth the speakers output.
due to the DSP in Bose its better to buy the Bose bass unit as all the satellites connect to the bass unit. I think bose base units go upto 300Hz and not sure how many other subs go that high and also manage a 5 channel output.
Have you reached out to Bose ?

Last edited:
It's better to take an estimate from Bose since the satellites need the base unit to perform optimally as the connections are via the base unit to the satellites.
Other option is to find the matching base unit in any classifieds section such as Olx . Pls check the base unit first before buying any pre-owned unit.

The Bose AM5 has a passive woofer and hence may not be the ideal solution. Rather, you invest in Bose 201s or 301s and put these as main speakers and the AM10 can fulfill the other speaker requirements on the AVR....the woofer is powered here.

AVRs keep changing almost every year with some format or the other being introduced...the question you need to ask yourself is...will you be using all those features and do you have the time for the same to enjoy playback? Accordingly review and go for that model. In fact older flagship models will be sold cheaper and provide the best performance.
You are correct, i was just thinking why cann't we use an amplifier 5.1/100W only and take the TV audio out to this and from amplifier we connect AM10 ! will it work ! or it will develop some latency in TV movie dialogues !

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back