Need Advice for my TV PC Soundbar Setup & etc

husaintaherali

Hi guys. I m husain from pune.
I m purchasing LG 49inch sk8500 tv next week. Its coming with a free LG SK5 Soundbar. I m going to use my tv with my Gaming Pc, laptop, airtel HD stb. I have some questions regarding this.

First of all should i get ups or stabilizer for tv and soundbar? Currently only using a spikeguard for my pc and laptop.

Second, can u please provide a amazon link for a hdmi 2.0b cable? It should be great in terms of quality and either should be 3 feet or 6feet long.

Third, i m thinking of wallmounting the soundbar on top of my pc moniter (27") & on top of soundbar wallmounting my tv. I already purchased a mounting dream md2380 wallmount for it. Should i use the wallmount that comes with tv or 2380? Is the placement good for soundbar? If i use 2380 i can tilt tv down but will that be good for watching movies and playing games? Can the tv be tilt down with tvs own wallmount?

Fourth, i know that we cant watch movies in full RGB + HDR With current Hdmi cables, but can we use usb 3.0 pendrives or hdd to play them from tv itself and it will work in Full RGB + HDR? If not what settings should i choose for 4k hdr and 1080p non-hdr movies? And for games from windows 10? And other picture quality settings for best view.

Fifth, can i add surround speakers to SK5 Soundbar in future? to make it 5.1 or 4.1?

My pc is 2nd gen i5, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 1070 mini.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180928-141710_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20180928-141710_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 18
  • rsz_20180928_140104_-_copy.jpg
    rsz_20180928_140104_-_copy.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_20180928_140104.jpg
    rsz_20180928_140104.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
#1 - It is advisable to invest in a stab (not necessarily a UPS) but a good spike guard such as Bilken should also do the trick.
#2 - Just look up Amazon Basics HDMI cable. They are good enough and come in varying length, including 6 ft
#3 - My LG OEM mount allows me to swivel as well as tilt the TV but do not know if they give same wall mount across the range. However, I do think you are mounting the TV very high and the level at which the soundbar will be placed too is not the most optimum w.r.t where the viewer will sit. If possible, please do review the proposed position.
#4 - The whole conversation of "4K" cables is a bucket load of BS. All current HDMI cables are perfectly capable of playing 4K with HDR. I use Amazon basic cables and I can clearly make out 4K content as against standard HD content.
#5 - I doubt you can add additional passive/active speakers to a soundbar. It may have a sub-out which would then allow you to connect an active sub woofer i.e. ".1". Don't treat a soundbar as a center channel :)

#1 - It is advisable to invest in a stab (not necessarily a UPS) but a good spike guard such as Bilken should also do the trick.
#2 - Just look up Amazon Basics HDMI cable. They are good enough and come in varying length, including 6 ft
#3 - My LG OEM mount allows me to swivel as well as tilt the TV but do not know if they give same wall mount across the range. However, I do think you are mounting the TV very high and the level at which the soundbar will be placed too is not the most optimum w.r.t where the viewer will sit. If possible, please do review the proposed position.
#4 - The whole conversation of "4K" cables is a bucket load of BS. All current HDMI cables are perfectly capable of playing 4K with HDR. I use Amazon basic cables and I can clearly make out 4K content as against standard HD content.
#5 - I doubt you can add additional passive/active speakers to a soundbar. It may have a sub-out which would then allow you to connect an active sub woofer i.e. ".1". Don't treat a soundbar as a center channel :)
Thanks for replying, would love to hear from more people too.
Also Which stabilizer would be best? Please recommend.

APC is considered the best. I am using a Microtek inverter/UPS that has served me well. I hope some other members might be of help as i don't know much about stabilizers.

I use a Vertex servo stab. It comes highly recommended when it comes to managing your AV equipment without injecting electrical buzz to the sound. It also very durable as it has been serving me for the past 7 years without a single hitch and I route all of my equipment through it, including a spike guard :)

Hi, how much is price you paid for Vertex servo, which model and how much KV you have bought? Is it available online like Amazon etc?

Please guide me. I recently bought Dali zensor 7 5.1 with AVR Yamaha RXV685. Looking for good stabilizer for the entire equipment.

Hi, how much is price you paid for Vertex servo, which model and how much KV you have bought? Is it available online like Amazon etc?

Please guide me. I recently bought Dali zensor 7 5.1 with AVR Yamaha RXV685. Looking for good stabilizer for the entire equipment.
I had bought it directly from Vertex Power by mailing a representative of theirs. The purchase was done in 2012 for a 3 KVA rating stab and they collected the payment (cheque) during their delivery. The price was 14k at that time.

I am not sure what does an equivalent model costs nowadays but you can email them for the details.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back