Need advice : For SD primary viewing - What do you think is the best 32" LCD TV avl?

rajanra

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I need some advice on buying a 32" LCD tv whose primary purpose is to view SD content (from the Hathway STB). I did some research and also went to the showroom to view some of the options (LG Jazz, Sony v series and Samsung 5 series). I couldn't see the Samsung 5 series 32" as it was not in the display. But, the other two TVs when I asked to switch the sales person to SD content (Tata Sky), I couldn't believe how bad the content showed up. I came back home and felt my old 20" CRT clarity was better. Now, my question to the fellow boarders/experts in this forum. For a viewing distance of 5 - 6 m, what 32" LCD tvs would you recommend that gives a not worse than CRT sharpness and viewing experience. I am not an upgrade freak and would like to have this TV for at least 5 years. Thanks for your help. Based on your suggestion would like to go back to the showrooms to view those specific models.
thanks,
Rajan

Re: Need advice : For SD primary viewing - What do you think is the best 32" LCD TV a

Rajanra,

Welcome to the forum,

I would suggest you Samsung 32" A 550. It is A VFM. 42k.Good pricing for that.

Other option will be V series Sony but it is expensive. This will be 63k. Not worth.

Samsung will be good with the DTH. Though the TV is full HD it will be worth.

Cheers

Re: Need advice : For SD primary viewing - What do you think is the best 32" LCD TV a

Hi Rajan,

My dad bought a 32 inch S series Sony Bravia for 43K yesterday...Diwali offer may expire by Nov 1st in Hyderabad. Hope this was helpful.

Thnx,
Venky

There are a couple of reasons the picture looked so bad in the showroom:

a) showrooms keep the TVs on "torch mode"....ie high contrast, high brightness.....this looks attractive from a distance....looks crappy up close.....calibrate the settings properly (or at the very least pick the "movie" setting on the presets) and check out the picture.

b) tata sky broadcasts SD images highly compressed.....as in, it's native images are poor....this does not show up on a small CRT, but it shows up on a large HDTV. Opt for Big TV or Airtel's Digital TV for better images.

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I need some advice on buying a 32" LCD tv whose primary purpose is to view SD content (from the Hathway STB). I did some research and also went to the showroom to view some of the options (LG Jazz, Sony v series and Samsung 5 series). I couldn't see the Samsung 5 series 32" as it was not in the display. But, the other two TVs when I asked to switch the sales person to SD content (Tata Sky), I couldn't believe how bad the content showed up. I came back home and felt my old 20" CRT clarity was better. Now, my question to the fellow boarders/experts in this forum. For a viewing distance of 5 - 6 m, what 32" LCD tvs would you recommend that gives a not worse than CRT sharpness and viewing experience. I am not an upgrade freak and would like to have this TV for at least 5 years. Thanks for your help. Based on your suggestion would like to go back to the showrooms to view those specific models.
thanks,
Rajan

Hi,

thanks,
Rajan

Hi:

Welcome to the forum. Have a great stay here mate. You can also include Panasonic 32" LX800 in your list, excellent for SD, far better than the brands you mentioned there (IMO). I think available for 40-45k. If your primary purpose is only SD (90%), Panasonic 32" LX800 is worth looking at.

Won't the 32" LG Plasma be better with SD? Lower native resolution + costs around 30ish.

Won't the 32" LG Plasma be better with SD? Lower native resolution + costs around 30ish.

Do you really have this product in your living room, are you really happy with the outcome of SD ?

I and many others here have seen this plasma and think it's a total crap. Besides, the OP wants to have a TV for a very long time, so it will be wise to recommend VFM products here.:rolleyes:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back