need advice for speakers..amp.....etc

mayankbhatt90

i Have samsung smart tv..and i love to listen music..and bit of movies as well kindly advise what combination should i go for?home theater,amplifier,A/V reciever ..i am having zero knowledge in this regard...thanks in advance..

first you decide what you want. separates or combo.combo is all in one and separates amp,, cd player and speakers separate.

Hello Mayan,

Welcome to the forum, Zero Knowledge is also best, just we would start reading things keenly to know. Coming back to your query. Could you list down the Genre of Music you listen to? Like Classic,Western,Hindustani, or all type of music etc? Also what is your room size and what are the other components you have other than TV? Do you have DVD Player?
What is the source of your Music? CD's ? or MP3 stored in Computer?.What is the budget you have for muisc system? What is the size of the room?
You listen to music in normal volume or Bang Bang type

Sorry for many questions, but it gives some idea for the FM's to suggest as per your preference.

i generally listen to hindi music classical types.and a bit of english as well..my room size is 15'*15'..music 80% and movies 20%.My budget is 35-40k...i tested sony home theater in the shop but the sound was not upto the mark..so got confused regarding whether to go for home theaters or combination...

if your preference is listening music,it is better to go for separates(amp, cd player,speakers).you can try the used markets like hifi ads,olx etc.

Mayan, If you have CD collection Better to go with CD Player+AMP and Speaker.

Since you Prefer Classical and western, Better to go with a Neutral Set-up.

With Your Budget, You could try Marantz,Nad,Cambridge Audio,Nordge Amps and Polk, Whraf's ,usher,Sonodyne,Boston etc.
Marantz + Boston , Nordge+Sonodyne, Cambridge audio+Whrafs are the combination which you could try audition.

I am not sure about the Audio showrooms available in the Vadodara,But you could check online or some forum members might suggest the available location for audition.

i generally listen to hindi music classical types.and a bit of english as well..my room size is 15'*15'..music 80% and movies 20%.My budget is 35-40k...i tested sony home theater in the shop but the sound was not upto the mark..so got confused regarding whether to go for home theaters or combination...

40K is a good budget, but tell us if you have CD's (or) MP3 collection... Do you have DVD player?

I am curious to know what is a Neutral setup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even I am curious to know about 'neutral setup' ?
Is it something between 'warm sounding' and 'bright sounding' set up?

Someone please, enlighten me

Ok lets not start a discussion. Let me list the Amp which sounded Bright Warm and Neutral.

Yamaha and Onkyo were Bright for my ears and Onkoyo was on top.
Nad was warm, the Midrange was soothing and forward sounded was muted to an extent.
Finally settled with Sansui, which is Neutral and have tried Matantz too which was of same feel.
All the above were paired with JBL's

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back