Need advice on Boston Acoustics HS 460

zoiks_guy

Dear forum members,

While I have been reading a lot on this forum, this is my first post.

I am planning to buy a used pair of Boston Acoustics HS 460 tower speakers. Looks like it has not been reviewed as much as other popular speakers such as Pioneer BS22 so looking up to gurus in this forum to share their thoughts on the sound quality, particularly considering that it is a two way speaker and yet has dual woofers. Addtionally, it has two passive cones as well. Won't that make the SQ too bass heavy? (I haven't got a chance to audition yet).

Thanks

Hi,

Bostons generally sound good enough but again it all depends on what is the kind of music you listen to? If these are used, you need to factor the condition, replacement of drivers and performance.

I would say trust your ears. There are also other options available: see For Sale by Owner or Hi Fi Ads..

All the best

Hi, if you could have given the price, age etc it would have been easier for FMs to suggest. I use BA A26 speakers and they are one of the most refined and smooth sounding speakers you can get in the 20-25K price bracket. Very lovely speakers and built extremely well

If the price is good then you should pick them. The 460s look quite good as well

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back