• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Need advice on external DAC

chandruybl

Need inputs,i have a marantz cd 6004 player in my stereo set up,would like to know if adding a external DAC improve the sound quality

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

MaSh

Need inputs,i have a marantz cd 6004 player in my stereo set up,would like to know if adding a external DAC improve the sound quality
It depends on what you feel lacking in the internal dac along with your expectations from an external dac

MaSh

forever.pramod

As @tuff mentioned, it depends upon the rest of the chain. Only adding an external DAC won't be going to give improvemnt always, because in some mid or low end setups, we will hardly find any difference by adding an external DAC

chandruybl

Yeah its powered by a ROTEL-RA 1520 amp with chord interconnects and the speaker being FOCAL-CHORUS 706V,in any case if you guys feel adding an external DAC will improve the sound quality my budget would be between 10 ~ 12k.

sandeepss

Yeah its powered by a ROTEL-RA 1520 amp with chord interconnects and the speaker being FOCAL-CHORUS 706V,in any case if you guys feel adding an external DAC will improve the sound quality my budget would be between 10 ~ 12k.
The DAC inside marantz CD 6004 is excellent. I have been using it for the past 8 years. The lens mechanism is not so great though. I'm not sure you'll get a better performance from a 10-12K DAC

SPONSORED ADS