Need advice on external DAC

chandruybl

Need inputs,i have a marantz cd 6004 player in my stereo set up,would like to know if adding a external DAC improve the sound quality

Need inputs,i have a marantz cd 6004 player in my stereo set up,would like to know if adding a external DAC improve the sound quality
It depends on what you feel lacking in the internal dac along with your expectations from an external dac

MaSh

Yeah its powered by a ROTEL-RA 1520 amp with chord interconnects and the speaker being FOCAL-CHORUS 706V,in any case if you guys feel adding an external DAC will improve the sound quality my budget would be between 10 ~ 12k.

Yeah its powered by a ROTEL-RA 1520 amp with chord interconnects and the speaker being FOCAL-CHORUS 706V,in any case if you guys feel adding an external DAC will improve the sound quality my budget would be between 10 ~ 12k.
The DAC inside marantz CD 6004 is excellent. I have been using it for the past 8 years. The lens mechanism is not so great though. I'm not sure you'll get a better performance from a 10-12K DAC

There can be sideways upgrade at this price, not essentially an upgrade. Sometimes there is a chance it can get better due to your chain, and sometimes worse. You should try it out, noone can really help here, unless they have ur same setup at their home with a similar room like yours, and had tried it out. So the answer is is: u should try it out your own.

If the CD player already has a inbuilt DAC then it means the output from the CD player is analogue. Not sure if you can get digital output from that CD player via hdmi or usb and then feed in to the external dac. If not then I guess external dac is not going to help much.

Your CDP would have digital coaxial out .
Use that with a khadas dac board
For your budget it seems to best bet
Or wait for a used to come for sale

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back