Need advice on finalizing a good source for stereo

balavignesh002

Hi Everyone

I am in search of a suitable source for my Home Stereo. My budget is 50000 to 150000.

My requirement:
1. Should play Compact Disc.
2. Should play SACD.
3. Should play Flac/Wav 24 bit and DSD on USB
4. Should have state of art dual mono dac deployment.
5. Dont want to use PC or Laptop as i hate browsing around for music. prefer to take the disk and spin it mostly.

My Shortlists:
1. Sony X800M2 + Topping D50s or Gustard X26 - I am not comfortable with the digitally transporting to decode on DAC as SPDIF copper is the only option.
2. Marantz SA8005 - Decent option. But not sure about the DAC capabilities.
3. Marantz SA 14S1 SE - The best option if i can stretch my budget.

I couldn't conclude between the above options. Please let me know if i miss any or if there are any other good options. Please help me in concluding a good source

Just happen to browse about Arcam CDS 50. It's a basic unit in-terms of dac. It's more of a streamer and disk spinner i understand.

Attachments

• arcam-cds50-7.jpg
    arcam-cds50-7.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 49
Happen to have a demo on the Sony X800M2. Came to know it converts DSD in to 24bit pcm when used with a dac on coiax out.

Or else hdmi out with some reciver with DSD and dac.

So narrowing down to both the Marantz options what I am left with.

Hi Everyone

I am in search of a suitable source for my Home Stereo. My budget is 50000 to 150000.

My requirement:
2. Should play SACD.
5. Dont want to use PC or Laptop as i hate browsing around for music. prefer to take the disk and spin it mostly.

My Shortlists:
1. Sony X800M2 + Topping D50s or Gustard X26 - I am not comfortable with the digitally transporting to decode on DAC as SPDIF copper is the only option.

I couldn't conclude between the above options. Please let me know if i miss any or if there are any other good options. Please help me in concluding a good source
I am using I2S input on my Sabaj D5 to listen SACDs played on my Sony UBX 800M2. HDMI ARC outputs to a HDMI to I2S converter/ bridge which outputs DSD over I2S to Sabaj D5 via HDMI connector.

Eureka..!

Use to wonder if any solution available to do integration between I2S and HDMI out of Sony. Thanks for the news.

This info is going to be a game changer. If know this last week would have hand carried the 800M2, any how didn't buy the other stuf in spite of this.

Eureka..!

Use to wonder if any solution available to do integration between I2S and HDMI out of Sony. Thanks for the news.

This info is going to be a game changer. If know this last week would have hand carried the 800M2, any how didn't buy the other stuf in spite of this.
I am successfully using this hdmi to i2s bridge.
Screenshot_2019-12-19-14-35-50-58_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.png

Hi Everyone

My requirement:
2. Should play SACD.

My Shortlists:

Have the denon A-100 Sacd player(Made in Japan). should fit your requirement. Will let you know if i come across one.
a-100-3.png
a-100-4.png
dcd-a100-1.png

Did you tried using the coiax out of 800M2 for SACD playback ?
Yes, I tried it but unsuccessfully. Later found out that native DSD can't output through coax or usb for some copyright protection issue. DSD can only output through HDMI and requires to be de-embedded before feeding to a DAC. However most AVRs having HDMI input may be used for this purpose.

Yes, I tried it but unsuccessfully. Later found out that native DSD can't output through coax or usb for some copyright protection issue. DSD can only output through HDMI and requires to be de-embedded before feeding to a DAC. However most AVRs having HDMI input may be used for this purpose.

Thanks on the update. So any SACD player is not going to put SACD audio out in PCM format via coiax?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back