Need advice on finalizing a good source for stereo

Iam no experienced audio guru...but Iam mighty pleased with my sacd/ CD player. Which has dac inputs via coaxial, optical and usb. Since it is a sacd player it plays DSD via usb. Since you mentioned CD and sacd play back, this might be a option to explore. I think I saw a denon sacd player in ad's for sale...May be worth some investigation in my opinion.

By the way funnily I also use my CD player's inbuilt volume control and use it as a preamp to directly feed my power amps. And the sound is pristine to my ears. My own reference preamp ( The absolute sounds reference preamp of 2013 ) as well as some acclaimed ones that I tried, were found noisy in comparison. Though they added better imaging and weight to the sound. So I would recommend to explore this option too. All the best.

I think I saw a denon sacd player in ad's for sale...May be worth some investigation in my opinion.
That's Denon DCD 2500NE on sale.

I almost narrow downed to Marantz SA 8005, then happen to explore a NOS Denon A100, then droped that option as it's made in 2010 and it couldn't come down to my ask price.

This Denon DCD 2500NE doesn't have spdif input or USB playback or input option. So i can only use it as a CD/SACD Player, which is perfectly done in deed and near to my budget.

CD player's inbuilt volume control and use it as a preamp to directly feed my power amps.
This is what even i plan to do. Many thanks on your feedback.

Finally bought my self a new Denon DCD 2500 NE. Decided to give up USB dac and playback options. Most of my listing is from CDs only. So it seems to be a good option for me.

My sincere thanks for all to the support extended to me.

The parcel arrived today and obsolete stunning one than I thought.

IMG-20200201-WA0008.jpg

Last edited:
Finally bought my self a new Denon DCD 2500 NE. Divided to give up USB dac and playback options. Most of my listing is from CDs only. So it seems to be a good option for me.

View attachment 43093
Congratulations!

how much did it cost? available locally?

Finally bought my self a new Denon DCD 2500 NE. Decided to give up USB dac and playback options. Most of my listing is from CDs only. So it seems to be a good option for me.

My sincere thanks for all to the support extended to me.

View attachment 43093
Good choice.

Happen to have a demo on the Sony X800M2. Came to know it converts DSD in to 24bit pcm when used with a dac on coiax out.

Or else hdmi out with some reciver with DSD and dac.

So narrowing down to both the Marantz options what I am left with.

Where do we get Sony X800M2 in Chennai?

Yeah, I was worried it would. I have a tone/model on it setup to be as clean as possible which sounds decent with my acoustic, but have never tried vocals through it.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into a nice PA. Is that the one you recommend/have used? Is that the price range I'd have to stay around in order to have a decent beginner PA?

Bought it's suitable Amp Denon PMA 2500 NE from Hifimart last week.
It's a wonderful amp with excellent built quality and top notch components used.

View attachment 44551
Looks absolutely stunning...if placing on top of the other...therr are benefits to be had by adding some vibration isolation inbetween. Isoacoustics isopucks come to mind :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back