Head unit : Pioneer DEH-P6050UB

speakers :

front two sony tweeters ,

Note : this are just examples and not actual speakers

Back :

Two Woofers

Two Mid Range speakers

Two sony tweeters

al the speakers at the back are mounted to a wooden base plank covered by speaker cloth

speaker cables used are MX cable.

Reason for upgrade : Huge difference in SQ compared to my Home stereo setup.

My idea is to purchase a set of speakers which we use to build stereo set-up for home like this one , and also use its respective crossover etc

i can hookup a separate sub-woofer in the back maybe like this one

challenge:
I tried searching online to check how much ohms speakers i must use, i could not find any details

also did anyone used the stereo speaker which we use for home setup in car, if yes how does it sound ?

Regards

Tanoj

You would need an amplifier to power the speakers. And another one if you want to add a sub. A rough budget would help.

You would need an amplifier to power the speakers. And another one if you want to add a sub. A rough budget would help.

Thank for the reply .... i believe the head unit is pretty powerfull 50X4 watts

and it has a seperate subwoofer out too and for sub too it does not need a amp as far as i know

what i am trying to figure out is can we use the speakers of a book shelf speakers which we use for home stereo setup ?

what should be the ohms ? of the speakers

or how to check the ohms of currently mounted up speakers in my car ?

Regards

Tanoj

Car speakers are usually 4 ohms I think?

Don't go by the mentioned watts. Its totally misleading.

The sub out sends LF signals to the outboard power amplifier, won't work with passive subs. Active subs are a different matter. Say your integrated amp has a sub out. You can't connect a passive sub now can you? Most car subs are passive i.e. drivers which may or may not be mounted on enclosures unless mentioned otherwise.

Have never tried with proper speakers in a car. But, as a kid I did hook up an Aiwa speaker to the car amp. Horrendous results.

Component speakers are available off the shelf. Why not look at those?

Thank for the reply .... i believe the head unit is pretty powerfull 50X4 watts

and it has a seperate subwoofer out too and for sub too it does not need a amp as far as i know

what i am trying to figure out is can we use the speakers of a book shelf speakers which we use for home stereo setup ?

what should be the ohms ? of the speakers

or how to check the ohms of currently mounted up speakers in my car ?

Regards

Tanoj

50X4 is very much inadequate to drive the midbass. It is more than enough for midrange / tweeters. The main reason is the noisier envt like car demands higher SPL for better SQ experience. Sounds oxymoron..right :p

There is no hard fast rule that you can't use home audio drivers in car.
Look at the power rating of the driver. If the power rating is 50W, you should ideally use 75W amp to drive it well with good headroom. Your headunit doesn't support active crossover. So you need to design a proper passive crossover.

Install location also do matter. If the tweets are mounted in dash, then generally it is too far from midbass. Unless the tweeter can play really low (like 1000Hz), it will sound incoherent.

I'll recommend to go for 3 way speakers and a an amp to drive them (midbass, midrange, tweeter). Then you will hear the difference.

City is a really nice car for ICE. It has a neat plain dashboard which helps to provide good sound stage.

So you need to design a proper passive crossover

Yes i was also planing for passive crossover, in fact will try to use the same crossover and speakers which i will take out from bookshelf speakers

also my car is Chevrolet Beat. i can install two speakers/tweeters in the from dash board here

also i can install 2/3 way set in the back similar to this one

Regards

Tanoj

Hello,

I have purchased an Integrated Amplifier Marantz PM5004 coupled with Marantz CD5004 as the source. I have Focal706v BS

along with this and DAC Interconnect. Can anybody please advice whether these combinations are correct as I am really not

getting the same effect which I got in the showroom from where I purchased the set.

Hi Joysen,

Dont mind i believe you have posted in wrong thread, you want to open new thread under the audio home audio section for better results

Regards

Tanoj

Tanoj, I would suggest visit the Evo car installer near Cambridge layout. I did my installation after demo at the same store more than 3 years back for my i20. The owner Mr. Satya is a nice guy to deal with, and provides reasonable advice. As you are in Bangalore so give it a try.

No affiliation with the seller.

JBL component speakers are great value. Not sure where you are looking at, but even JBL component speakers say 4-6k/pc sound great. My second choice would be Pioneer.

Hi Tanoj,

Just my 0.001 cents:

* Start your investment in the following Order:
>> HU
>> Front Stage (go with a good passive 2 way to begin with)
>> Interconnects (Mx is Decent)
>> Power cabling (I use Finolex 35mm2 cable for powering my amp)
>> A 4-channel Amp (2 ch for front stage and 2 bridge for your sub)
>> Sub

You need not add a rear fill unless rear passenger demands you to. You can also plan your future upgrades again begin with the Front stage (3-way passive/active) then move on to mono for sub. I am not good at giving recommendations but I would suggest you avoid Sony/Pioneer for speakers.

PS: the wattage on your HU is peak power, RMS would hover around 18W. Adding an amp would increase the SQ but a good measure.

Cheers,
Venki

Thank you Venky and everyone for the suggestions

I am planing to with Hari Iyers suggestion ... so the plan is to put two full range speakers in back with his designed crossover

He is going to first install the same in his car and based on his review he will suggest me

Trying to keep it very simple yet meting the hifi needs

i am already using the Mx cables

Reagards

Tanoj

I am not sure why you want to go for a full range on the back? You could very well use this as a front stage and do away with the tweeter all together. I have a Fountek Fe87 with a tweeter crossed @ 5khz (passive LR). It sings good and cheap as well :D.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back