Need advice on tapping full potental of Beresford DAC

Thanks for the input....Yes it has the mod21!

Gobble>> Did you get the one with the mods?

Regards
[/QUOTE]

Nopes. I got the one without the mod and without the DAC :)

Yet to buy one .. ;)
We are all waiting for a review. Can you play your favorite song without DAC and the repeat it with DAC and tell us the difference?

Regards

Not sure about the portability, but this one is definitely an awesome product to own. Will play a wide range of formats as well.

Squeezebox Classic Wireless Digital Media Player: Listen to the music you love in any room in your home

OR you may try the flavor of the season WDTV; check with our resident expert madbulram:)

Cheers.

Thanks Unleash bai, I am still learning WD TV :)

Frankly, I am very wary of wireless music streaming. For heliums requirement I think the best one (i already told him) is:

1. Get WD TV
2. Rip all music CDs in FLAC or WAV (if u r toooo choosy)
3. Buy a 1 TB hard drive and copy all the music files (ensure you maintain a proper folder structure and also ID3 tags for u can browse when needed easily)
4. Connect the WD TV to DAC (via optical out) and DAC to the Music Rig
5. Play your music and be lost in the eternal music and its bliss

The entire setup will cost WD TV 7K, 1TB hard drive 5700 rs, Satisfaction and Peace - Priceless!

plus it will also double up as a movie machine if need be :)

All is well! :yahoo:

The cost of the Beresford 7150 is 110 USD. Shipping to india is 40 USD.
Total cost landing here is around 10k.

I dont know wether it has 110V or 220V power supply...
Specs say 110-240V.

regards

Wish i could. Please don't take it in the wrong way, but I just don't have the patience to be true. I'm sure u can definitely find truckloads of reviews floating around from much more dedicated users.

As for me, I just log in here and take a peek once in a while when am at work ;)

A comparision of DAC ( though not all of them.... just a guide)
DAC group test

User reviews:

User Reviews of 7510

I think it is unfair to compare it to "higher" DACs becos at this price point it beats everything and beats some 2-10 times its cost.

Last edited:
Yes it may not be correct to compare as each DAC has its unique sound signature and it is how badly you're addicted to the same... but then you can't be wrong if you read the below reviews

What external DAC + problem with Beresford DAC grounding (RCA to DIN) - Topic Powered by eve community

:yahoo:

A comparision of DAC ( though not all of them.... just a guide)
DAC group test

User reviews:

User Reviews of 7510

I think it is unfair to compare it to "higher" DACs becos at this price point it beats everything and beats some 2-10 times its cost.

Thanks Gobble for your encouragement....I'm new but since I have enterd into the world of audio, it becomes my duty to give reviews for the same so that others can know if it befits their needs!

:indifferent14:

Nopes. I got the one without the mod and without the DAC :)

Yet to buy one .. ;)
We are all waiting for a review. Can you play your favorite song without DAC and the repeat it with DAC and tell us the difference?

Regards[/QUOTE]

Hi

Check the linik below, you get the dac for 99USD. Total cost inclusive of shipping is 6900/-.
But I contacted the seller, he agreed it is not Beresford make but of the taiwanese "sister concern" Technolink. It seems Beresford "imports" the DACs from technolink, makes some "MOD" and sell it in europe.
Difficult to decide which to buy...
As said earlier TC-7510 comes in different Brands......:indifferent14:

ebay.com : TC-7510 DAC

regards

Hi

Check the linik below, you get the dac for 99USD. Total cost inclusive of shipping is 6900/-.
But I contacted the seller, he agreed it is not Beresford make but of the taiwanese "sister concern" Technolink. It seems Beresford "imports" the DACs from technolink, makes some "MOD" and sell it in europe.
Difficult to decide which to buy...
As said earlier TC-7510 comes in different Brands......:indifferent14:
It is a common misconception that I buy the DAC and make a few mods. I allowed the older TC-7510 versions to be sold off cheaply to eBay sellers etc., whilst I sold the latest version every time.
But in order to stop these resellers from making claims that I consider damaging to my reputation I am not allowing anyone to sell the TC-7520 under any other brand names on the cheap. So I have been setting up a number of world wide distribution network, and they'll all be selling the Beresford TC-7520.
Any potential Indian distributor can contact me via my web site.

Stanley

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back