Need advise on Denon 9 series systems

pannags

To all the experts out there,

I was visiting a store today and found that they are clearing outdated "demo" models for a "song" (at least they claimed)

My use case is mostly music (75%) and a mix of TV and movies. I have narrowed down on Stereo Receivers, but have the following offers until monday,

Denon AVR 1909 - Rs. 28,000/-
Denon AVR 1709 - 17,000/-
Denon 1509 - 14,000/-

Please advise if it would be wise to go for the Denon 1509, instead of a Stereo receiver? I mean I am getting a proven, decent AVR for the price of an Amp?

I plan to pair the above with KEF or Polk Audio.

Many thanks.

You can look at the 1909 as it has 90wpc power and you wont really have to worry about an amp immediately.

The best part about the 19xx is Audyssey Mult EQ Room Correction.

Also, polk tower/BS speakers frequencies and power requirements match up well with it.

though you will be getting a piece which might be 1- 1.5 yrs old....

Thanks Blue Floyd. But just let me know if the price is fair? Have not much clue how much to depreciate?

Thanks Blue Floyd. I will try pushing it by 2k more for the 1909. If I get the 1910 demo, I'll be more than thrilled.

Oh OK! Thanks. The guy is offering me a 1910 for 33k, with one year warranty - the system is brand new, but the carton seems to be a bit torn on the edges ...

I was a bit keen on the 1909 for the price, but both demo pieces were picked up in just one day :(

Now, I'm a bit confused, but think I may not be able to get hold of a new 1910 at 33k anywhere else.

Hi,

The multi-store home electronics exhibition at Palace grounds. They only has silver in stock!

Do you recommend this at this price? Is it a killer deal?

Like I said before, I was keen on an Onkyo( going by recommendations and ease of use) AVR or a Yamaha or Onkyo Amp.

Some time back the silver was bought from profx for 34k comparing that I dont know if its a killer offer . But did u not find better brands/deals in the expo ?

I'd say go for new models or wait for the new models to get launched may be you get 1910 for much lesser price ....

What speakers are you planning to pair with?

Some time back the silver was bought from profx for 34k comparing that I dont know if its a killer offer . But did u not find better brands/deals in the expo ?

I'd say go for new models or wait for the new models to get launched may be you get 1910 for much lesser price ....

What speakers are you planning to pair with?

Oh OK. So, its not really a killer buy. The carton boxes were broken, but the system and the accessories are brand new and intact.
Actually, my preference is 80% music (and TV) and 20% movies, but since I thought the cost was resonably less, I thought I could reduce the cabling by using the AVR and enjoy up-scaled picture quality for cable TV viewing and movies as well.

The other option is a demo 1509 for 14k. Really suits my budget (actually cheaper than a Stereo receiver) and a good start to last me a couple of years.

Sometimes, is really is CONFUSING :confused:

Oh OK. So, its not really a killer buy. The carton boxes were broken, but the system and the accessories are brand new and intact.
Actually, my preference is 80% music (and TV) and 20% movies, but since I thought the cost was resonably less, I thought I could reduce the cabling by using the AVR and enjoy up-scaled picture quality for cable TV viewing and movies as well.

The other option is a demo 1509 for 14k. Really suits my budget (actually cheaper than a Stereo receiver) and a good start to last me a couple of years.

Sometimes, is really is CONFUSING :confused:

Well if your preference is 80% music go for a good stereo steup .... But again time to time things change if you add up more devices gaming, blueray etc then you need an AVR to completely enjoy the quality and sound. If you have a limited budget why dont you look for some used product pretty sure you will find a decent one. Have you finalized on the speakers yet? Also contact hifipal4all (Ramesh) he may help you find a decent AVR or Stereo receiver with in your budget...

Thanks kittu. Surely will. BTW, does the 1080p upscaling really help when watching cable TV or DTH content? i mean is the quality of pictures after upscaling distinctly better?

Thanks kittu. Surely will. BTW, does the 1080p upscaling really help when watching cable TV or DTH content? i mean is the quality of pictures after upscaling distinctly better?

I watch only Sports , Discovery and News channels. I really dont want an upscaled image of Arnav Goswami or Burkha dutt... They are better standard :lol: . But I saw a significant improvement on sports and other channels. I am a total happy customer with Onkyo 608... So many options..:yahoo: . I am actually planning to buy a 5.1 system now... been watching lot of movies lately. :cool:

I watch only Sports , Discovery and News channels. I really dont want an upscaled image of Arnav Goswami or Burkha dutt... They are better standard :lol: . But I saw a significant improvement on sports and other channels. I am a total happy customer with Onkyo 608... So many options..:yahoo: . I am actually planning to buy a 5.1 system now... been watching lot of movies lately. :cool:

:lol: ok ... My watching preferences are similar ... maybe, I look for a very decent Stereo Amp like the Yamaha Rx-497 or a Used Denon 1909 (on offer at 28k) or goad my uncle into carrying an Onkyo 608 (approx 30k in Dubai).

Personally a fan of Jap stuff and Onkyo in particular, but if the Denon 1910 (also Jap) comes 10k cheaper than a Onkyo 608 in India, I might as well buy it :rolleyes:

:lol: ok ... My watching preferences are similar ... maybe, I look for a very decent Stereo Amp like the Yamaha Rx-497 or a Used Denon 1909 (on offer at 28k) or goad my uncle into carrying an Onkyo 608 (approx 30k in Dubai).

Personally a fan of Jap stuff and Onkyo in particular, but if the Denon 1910 (also Jap) comes 10k cheaper than a Onkyo 608 in India, I might as well buy it :rolleyes:

Yamaha amps seem to be good musical amps.... First decide on speakers then you can choose the amp....

Ok. I'll remember that. But any reason why? I thought it was easy to get the right speakers, than the amp ;)

Sound comes out from the speakers so I would give it first preference.. Then powering the speakers with right amp . :rolleyes: what say ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back