Need any advice or tips on getting AT-LP60 to function...

abhas

Dear forum members,

I'm new to the world of vinyl and recently purchased an AT-LP60. However, I am facing a very odd sort of issue with it and it does not work for me at all. SoI would be grateful in case anyone else has faced these problems before or has any tips on how I could resolve it.

The most basic problem is that there was just no sound at all. When I put on a record, the turntable rotates but there is no sound. Then if I press and release the RPM button, there would be a sound for a second and then silence again.

Then after much research on the Internet, I decided to see if the tracking weight of the arm could be the issue. So after it started to play, I gently tapped the arm with a pair of forceps and that sort of did the job for about 15 to 20 minutes. The music played fine till the record got over. Then I changed the record and was able to replicate the issue with another LP. After gentle tap with the forceps, it started to play the sound again. But then after some time, that technique did not work either.

Now the situation is that it does not play sound at all. When I accidentally bumped my table, I realized that the effect of that is the same as that of pushing and releasing the RPM button. And so I feel maybe there is a loose connection somewhere.

I also feel that somewhere this could be related to the power supply. If you have any recommendation on a 220v to 120v convertor (I currently use a transformer one) then I could try that out as well. When I put on my coffee maker once, it caused the LP60 to stop playing music (ie. the turntable rotates but no music).

Thanks to anyone reading this...

-abhas.

Sir,

I dont know where do u sty. nywy I do sty t Kol. Ist power on the set. Then strt rotting the pltter nd with smll screwdriver or touch the junction point of crtridge. there will be 4 wires or 3 wires connected to it. If you fiund ny sound by touching t lest in two wires junction. Then mke sure your turntble is ok. problem is with your crtridge. IF no sound comes then it need to be checked inside. for more detils you cn mil me t [email protected].

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back