Need end-to-end Help in Designing My Home Theater (Dolby Atmos)

You need a modem. But in case of ISP providing you with Ethernet input (PPPoE), you can connect directly to the WAN port of load balancing router using ISP provided username and password. I tried both and it works. But expect issues when you are in load balancing mode especially when you have two WAN with different speed. I didn't try any of the advanced load balancing option related to speed and bandwidth allocation between multiple WANs
Okay. Thanks. I was just asking if I ever need to try two connections. My current ISP is airtel and I rarely have any downtime. But the negative is that I can get max 4mbps plan and the plan is costlier than local providers. May be I'll add a local isp because airtel runs out of bandwidth fast if I download torrents.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Regarding your question,

False ceiling was done by my interior but the planning and the design was given by me. I have consulted one of the audio designer here and he prepared a layout for best sound throw.

Regards,
Rahul
I am in a similar boat, can u share the layout suggested for sound

Hi all,

I am planning to build my small-room home theater system (Dolby Atmos), and I need help for the same. Below are the details -

Room Size : 11 ft X 12 ft X 9 ft (with built in Acoustic Wall and Acoustic False-ceiling)
Visual : I am planning to buy LG OLED 55 C7.
Receiver : I am planning to buy Denon AVR x1400h.
Player : I already have PS4 pro. Thinking of using it as Blue-Ray/UHD player and gaming console both.
Speaker : I am planning to go with 5.2.2 set up. I have already kept in-wall pipes for keeping speakers / woofers / overhead-speakers wires.
Lighting : Lighting system in the rooms is Philips Hue which can be synchronized with sound effects.
Smart : My current home devices (like Lights and curtains) are managed by Amazon Alexa through voice commands which can be synchronized with the home theater devices.

My Expectations
1. Movie experience should be great with audio and visuals both and future-proof.
2. All components should have India Warranty (with extended warranty opt-in) for peace of mind. (service center in Kolkata preferred)
3. I should be able to play sound remotely from other devices with wireless capabilities.
4. Device should be compatible with Philips Hue & Amazon Alexa (for Smart home apps/devices)
4. I have a tight budget for this project, so need to choose component accordingly.

My Questions
1. Can I get a true atmos effect in the said room size?
2. Please advise (pros & cons) with the choice of my receiver and television; should I go for it or rethink? Please suggest if you have other combination in mind.
3. I have choice of two types of speakers (with Denon AVR x1400h); which one should I choose - 80 watt @ 8 ohm /or/ 120 watt @ 6 ohm for the said room size?
4. Please suggest good 5.2.2 speaker package (with tight budget). Please note I also have space crunch for center speaker and two sub-woofers. (Sub-woofer size should not exceed 18 inch X 11 inch and center speaker should not exceed 11 inch X 11 inch)
5. Please suggest wiring AWG cable details. Distance of speakers from my console are listed as - a. SW (both): 3ft (each); b. Center: 3ft; c. Front (Left & Right): 8 ft (each); d. Back (Left & Right): 20 ft (each), e. Overhead (Left & Right): 35 ft (each).
6. Please highlight any compatibility issue, if I miss while buying.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Rahul
Hi Rahul, let me share my current experience with you. I gone through your above expectations. Recently i have set up my home theater for my living room.
Instead of Denon you can check yamaha rx v683 in budget.
Speakers if your budget is tight go for Polk audio Signature line up.
Polk- FRONT- S50
CENTER- S30 OR S35
SURROUND S10
BACK / REAR TOP- S10
SUB- YAMAHA SW10 & POLK 125.
RESULT- great bright crystal sound for music. And muscular sound for movies. You will never regret. U can rpy me on 8879654562

Hi Rahul,
Based on my experience ,if budget & space permits the following are suggested
  1. Look for a midrange receivers like x2400 or above.
  2. Go for dual subwoofers
  3. Understand that you are considering only two inceiling speakers for atmos. Stick to that ,In-ceiling speakers will be better than front heights for Atmos content.
  4. Install the speakers as per Atmos speaker guidelines.
  5. Do some acoustics treatment too like carpeting ,treating first & secondary reflection points with some research /profesional advice /advice of FM atleast for the speakers to sound best.(Its a very big subject for me ).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back