Need Expert Advice from Pros

bhavindshah

Hey There - I need help coming up with right Home Theater for the newly renovated home.

I already have below items at home.
1. 7 year old Samsung 40 inch LCD TV which have ports/connectors mentioned in attached diagram.
2. Samsung DVD Player

I have below set of requirements (Am I too choosy?)
a. Need a 5.1 set of speakers (Nice Bass to listen beats and action scenes)
b. Decent amplifier
c. Should have minimum wire setup (I know its a huge headache to maintain wires and also a lot of dust accumulates)
d. Should be able to use USB directly to watch movies (I don't have USB drive in TV) or listen to music - Can I use ampli for the same?
e. Can I have an ampli having radio?
f. Possibly connecting laptop to ampli/TV so that audio/video/images can be played. I currently connect Laptop to TV via VGA port.
g. Option of speakers wall mounted or hanging but don't want to have them on floor.
h. WIFI port - So that if required I can use the Laptop without connecting physically.

I would like to understand if I need to have a special wiring done to have optimum quality of experience.

My budget is 30-40K rupees and my living room size is 15inch x 10inch.

Please let me know various options and a place where I can experience to listening first them before buying.

All your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20150622_194839.jpg
    IMG_20150622_194839.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 94
Dear Mr. Shah,
You have listed your requirement quite nicely. Your room size is 15' X10' as I understood.

Please take this list to a electronics show room (Reliance Croma like) and get their opinion. Listen to the home theatres they suggest you. They will surely have things within your budget and requirement.
If you are happy by then, you will have your system.
If you have questions, experts are here.

I feel you need to know some basics of connectivity and source requirement for your 5.1 home theatre. That will ease your viewing experience a lot. You can get enough such information if you go with your list to those showrooms.
Audition is mandatory.

Thanks Sumanta for advice. If I go to regular electronics retail they will only models which are single company made. I may not get an option of choosing a different company ampli & speaker. Or even if I may get the choices could be limited.
Any ideas where I can go and get to see?

There are many audio/video dedicate showrooms in Mumbai. You can search that info here in forum itself.
I would first suggest to go to any good mall and search for electronic item.
You will definitely see many nowadays.
Plus, if you search net for Sony, LG, Onkyo and others in sites of their individual or like in amazon, flipkart.

I am not much into brand purchase, so here ends my information pool capability.

What I have done for my 7.2 HT set up is the same that I suggested you. I simply went to malls, listen to them, read their specs, listen to them again and then decide.

Hey There - I need help coming up with right Home Theater for the newly renovated home.

I already have below items at home.
1. 7 year old Samsung 40 inch LCD TV which have ports/connectors mentioned in attached diagram.
2. Samsung DVD Player

I have below set of requirements (Am I too choosy?)
a. Need a 5.1 set of speakers (Nice Bass to listen beats and action scenes)
b. Decent amplifier
c. Should have minimum wire setup (I know its a huge headache to maintain wires and also a lot of dust accumulates)
d. Should be able to use USB directly to watch movies (I don't have USB drive in TV) or listen to music - Can I use ampli for the same?
e. Can I have an ampli having radio?
f. Possibly connecting laptop to ampli/TV so that audio/video/images can be played. I currently connect Laptop to TV via VGA port.
g. Option of speakers wall mounted or hanging but don't want to have them on floor.
h. WIFI port - So that if required I can use the Laptop without connecting physically.

I would like to understand if I need to have a special wiring done to have optimum quality of experience.

My budget is 30-40K rupees and my living room size is 15inch x 10inch.

Please let me know various options and a place where I can experience to listening first them before buying.

All your help is much appreciated.

Hi Mr. Shah,

It seems that your requirement of a,b,e,f,g can easily be met if you choose something like Yamaha YHT-299, a HTiB.

For points C, if you are looking for wireless for rear speaker, then it will cost you a good amount. There are some BT 2 channel receiver/transmitter available in the market and you can minimize use of wires. Before building my HT, I was also considering this option, but it is costing a good amount and there are several issue with the performance of these devices at that time. So went with the wires, reliable and cost effective. For front and center, it is well placed near your amp, so that much of wire can be spared.

For point D, most of the amp support music playing from USB, but not sure about movie, but if you are going to connect your laptop to amp, better to play movie from there.

For point H, why you need a amp with WIFI? Is it for playing the streaming files or anything else? But the WIFI supported amps are well above your budget for whole system and after that you have to buy the speakers.

Ask this forum for Hifi dealers in Mumbai, I think, you have plenty of option there :).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back