Need feedback on SanDisk 2 TB SSD drive for music playback

kapmish

Not sure why would an SSD make a big difference on music playback. I mean, sure, go for it, but I don't see any music file playback being affected by an increase in storage speeds. Advantage of SSD is apparent on running an operating system on it, in fact mass storage of media on hard drives is what most data hoarders and Plex nerds recommend. If massive 4K blu-ray files run more than fine on HDDs, music files are puny in comparison.

But, if you do want a good external SSD, the SanDisk one should be fine, so would a Samsung T5. Other possible solution is buying an internal SSD like the WD Blue or the Crucial MX500 (both excellent and well regarded SSD models) and attach a SATA to USB connector. Sometimes the latter solution comes out to be cheaper

Agree with the above. Using an SSD for storage of music and movies is a waste. Use that money to get a bigger HDD.

Thanks all for great inputs here. I was thinking about switching to SSD more from reliability point of view and your inputs titled the scale in favor of continuing with HDD.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back