Optimize Windows 7 for music PC

i wanted to suggest is that you go for 850 series evo rather then 840 if its available in india.
Eb8NST

You have posted two posts in total and both of them are 'cut and paste' from other member's posts. What are you up to?

think there is some sort of bug or spam scam going on in some of the threads, i have spotted some unknown & new FMs posting or rather replicating other peoples post "word for word", in this thread i guess sarith spotted "qelfulres" doing this, and looks like he was questioning that, see post #10 where "qelfulres" is using the same sentence as post #2 by rikhav.

Last edited:
think there is some sort of bug or spam scam going on in some of the threads, i have spotted some unknown & new FMs posting or rather replicating other peoples post "word for word", in this thread i guess sarith spotted "qelfulres" doing this, and looks like he was questioning that, see post #10 where "qelfulres" is using the same sentence as post #2 by rikhav.

Thanks thx911
Just realized this scam happening.
Hope it is sorted out soon

The thing to note is that Windows will generally keep writing to the multi gig page file - even if there is enough free RAM.

The article is actually quite wishy washy. It links to another article for proof which links to yet another article. And if you see the tests, disabling page file uniformly gives a boost in performance. While the boost in negligible in many cases, the crysis gaming benchmark benefits more from disabling the page file.

My take is simple. For optimal performance, I try to ensure that the computer consistently runs everything from RAM and CPU. Consider that a CPU is usually 10x faster than ram, which is 100x faster than a hard drive, which is 100x faster than other I/o devices. For a dedicated audio or even video server, why do you need a page file? You will never run out of memory and if you do, you are better off upgrading ram as it is, instead of thrashing your hard drive.

In other words, disabling a page file guarantees a certain consistent level of performance.

Just my two cents.

Well, I suppose if he wants to give the same suggestion as someone else, no harm in using the same words. Two people giving the same suggestion would definitely have more weight.

You have posted two posts in total and both of them are 'cut and paste' from other member's posts. What are you up to?

Last edited:
A newbie here. I have an old laptop i5 with plenty hard drive. I am looking for a way to play the music in digital do min and use my Dax to covert to analog. Also if I can use room correction in the PC player it would be marvelous. Simple hopefully free applications that I can download to do this will be hight appreciated. I am sure there are others who will benefit from your suggestions as well.

A newbie here. I have an old laptop i5 with plenty hard drive. I am looking for a way to play the music in digital do min and use my Dax to covert to analog. Also if I can use room correction in the PC player it would be marvelous. Simple hopefully free applications that I can download to do this will be hight appreciated. I am sure there are others who will benefit from your suggestions as well.

You can use Foobar which is free and I believe there is a plugin which does the equalizer and room settings called "Mathaudio" or something similar kind of a name. Look in the forum there is a detailed thread on the same.

You can use Foobar which is free and I believe there is a plugin which does the equalizer and room settings called "Mathaudio" or something similar kind of a name. Look in the forum there is a detailed thread on the same.
Thanks. Is Mathaudio free app. Also does it do both frequency domain and time domain correction. I really don't understand these words completely but have seen then thrown about to evaluate quality of a correction software.

I checked and yes Mathaudio has a plug in for Foobar2000 and it does both frequency domain and time domain corrections. How well, only time will ywll. Has anyone tried it. What were the results? Any link that compares its results with Dirac live.

Got it. Does anyone have a link to someone who compared Mathaudio with REW and with Dirac Live. The last link did not work.

I have Foobar2000 loaded on my laptop. I see that there is an app for Foobar2000. Anyone has tried that.

Also does anyone know a good HDMI OR USB (in laptop) to spdif or digital audio RCA (in DAC) converter. I am hoping that since there is digital to analog conversion the quality will not deteriorate and I will use my external DAC for that.my DAC does not have hdmi or usb port.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Last edited:
I see that there is an app for Foobar2000. Anyone has tried that.

I am hoping that since there is digital to analog conversion the quality will not deteriorate and I will use my external DAC for that.my DAC does not have hdmi or usb port. .

Regarding first point, I have extensively used the android foobar remote app although there are several of them and in my opinion it is pretty decent except the page wise break of the playlists if they are long. Also a good feature is that if you get a incoming call while the app is running even in background it will mute the sound and once call is over it will automatically resume the sound.

Regarding 2nd point, I hope you meant digital to digital conversion right? What is the current DAC you are having?

Yes. You are correct. I meant since there is NO digital to analog conversion IN MY LAPTOP the quality will not deteriorate.

Sorry for not checking my text before posting.

Thanks for info about Foobar2000.

So does anyone know how to connect my LAPTOP to my DAC digitally? The DAC only has SPDIF and digital RCA jacks. And the Laptop only has HDMI and USB.

My DAC is an old Yamaha DAC.

Yes. You are correct. I meant since there is NO digital to analog conversion IN MY LAPTOP the quality will not deteriorate.

Sorry for not checking my text before posting.

Thanks for info about Foobar2000.

So does anyone know how to connect my LAPTOP to my DAC digitally? The DAC only has SPDIF and digital RCA jacks. And the Laptop only has HDMI and USB.

My DAC is an old Yamaha DAC.

You can get an HDMI switch that has an optical/coax output.
You can also get a USB to SPDIF converter (google it) but that is much more expensive.

You can get an HDMI switch that has an optical/coax output.
You can also get a USB to SPDIF converter (google it) but that is much more expensive.

I second this. Just be careful whatever converter you are buying ensure from specs that it supports at least 24 bit / 96 KHz rate

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back