Need Feedback on VU and Micromax TVs

Yes It has 120hz panel and it also support 24p refresh rate. There is an option called MEMC in Picture Menue, you can control panel refresh rate from that option.

Thanks for clearing my doubts :) I m sure i'll have many more doubts after I get the delivery of this TV , once I start using it. I will again come here to bug you :D

Thanks for clearing my doubts :) I m sure i'll have many more doubts after I get the delivery of this TV , once I start using it. I will again come here to bug you :D

Finally bought this TV and it was installed on Friday. So far enjoying it. Have connected my Bluray player and PC only .Will buy extra tata sky connection for this tv, may be with recording facility,.

Finally bought this TV and it was installed on Friday. So far enjoying it. Have connected my Bluray player and PC only .Will buy extra tata sky connection for this tv, may be with recording facility,.

Plz. share ur experience with the new machine. How is it doing? Are U satisfied with it? Post some screen shoots.

Plz. share ur experience with the new machine. How is it doing? Are U satisfied with it? Post some screen shoots.

I'll do that in 1-2 days. I think I m getting that soap opera effect when there is some fast object moving on screen.. for example in Fast and furious 5 , there is a bike scene on one bridge, I could see that the bike was kind of "extended" or bike's front part was "broken" into 3-4 parts for 1or2 seconds.

We have bought micromax 40" TV 3 months ago and it is good so far. I also have 3 year old 42" LG 3D TV in a different location. Frankly I am not able to see any difference between LG and Micomax in terms of picture quality.

If the durability of micromax is good say after 3-4 years, then I would say that micromax is the best in terms of quality at this price point

I'll do that in 1-2 days. I think I m getting that soap opera effect when there is some fast object moving on screen.. for example in Fast and furious 5 , there is a bike scene on one bridge, I could see that the bike was kind of "extended" or bike's front part was "broken" into 3-4 parts for 1or2 seconds.

It is happening because the difference in refresh rate between Tv(60Hz) and movie(24Hz). Though Vu tv support 24p play back but I think it does not natively support 24p playback, you have to enable 24Hz playback from your source(player) PC or Bluray etc.

What I am doing with my Tv is that I have set a custom resolution in my Graphics Card at 1920x1080p@24Hz and set it as my default resolution for my PC playback to TV and set MEMC > Normal in TV Picture settings menu and it works perfectly without any soap opera effect.

I think this settings will also work for your TV.

Hello

So it's been around 3-4 days since the Vu 50K160GP TV is installed. So I am penning down my experience of 3-4 days, which might help other forum members to make decision.
Prior to purchasing this TV, I had read about this brand and this TV on this forum itself. I then read about Hisense. This TV is made by Hisense.
I purchased this TV from FlipKart, on Sunday, and it was delivered on Thursday. It was installed a day later, on Friday.
The installer guys were from FlipKart, initially I thought that they were from VU company. During casual conversation , I asked him how many VU TVs do they install in a day in this city and as per him, they install roughly around 20-25 VU-TVs easily everyday in this city :)
So now, coming to the installation part, this TV comes with wall-mount as well as provision for table mounts. I chose to install on wall. The installation process was smooth, but there was a small issue. The installer guy installed it a bit slanting . It was not in straight line. So I asked him to correct it . I thought that he will have to drill some more holes in wall to correct it, but this was not the case. He has some instrument with which he corrected it on the fly, I m not sure what was that instrument. It took around 1 hour for the installation.(okay, a little more than that).
I have the following gear, which i wanted to connect to my TV:
1. SONY BLURAY PLAYER (BDPS380)
2. YAHAMA YHT299
3. PC
4. TATA SKY + (going for this soon)
Now, my bluray player is connected to my AVR, so that's one HDMI. I m not planning to connect TATA SKY to HDMI port of AVR, as I don't want keep my AVR powered on even while watching TV all the times . I also have not connected my PC to AVR via HDMI, I have connected it to TV directly. One point though, I have connected my soundcard's (creative Sound Blaster -z) Optical out to AVR for music .
I played some BluRays and also DVDs through my BD Player. The images from the BluRays were crystal clear and extremely sharp ( I am comparing this to our LG 32" LED TV, don't remember the model, I think it is from that JAZZ series or so ). Just the day before i had ordered one bollywood songs BluRay and played it. The color reproduction was very good. Some songs were a bit saturated and some a bit washed out, but I think that because of the quality of the BluRay Disc. I also played Tokyo Drift BluRay and found it to be good, but it was a bit grainy . I m not sure if this is because of the quality of the recording of that BluRay itself. The colors were vibrant . Next, I popped in "the Conjuring" BluRay and it was a different story here. The colors were pleasantly natural, and not saturated like F&F Tokyo Drift BluRay.
Next, I played "Fast Five" DVD . I must mention that this TV or I think any TV of this size (50") is not meant or not suitable to play DVDs. It doesn't look good at all. Well, may be because I had seen my BSluRays on this TV before trying the DVD. It is on this DVD that I experienced that soap opera effect , that i have mentioned in my previous post . I enabled changed MEMC from "weak" to "normal" and re-played the same bike sequence just to check it. It was fine now, but the images were moving a bit faster. Seemed a bit artificial, but I think I'll get used to it.
When i connected my PC ( through my GPU, GeForce GTX770), it was showing second display(this TV) as some Hitachi model. So it is quite possible that this TV has some hitachi parts in it ( upon looking up on wiki, found out that they indeed have some connection with hitachi, not sure for TVs or for what purpose) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisense
So my overall impression is that I am fully satisfied with this TV. One cannot get anything more at this price. My friends were also happy and liked this TV after I gave them the demo, infact one of my friends is going to buy it later. I have also asked about extended warranty to the company, to which they replied that the cost of extended warranty is 4.8K .I m going to get the extended warranty.

Hallo @quad_core,
when you are connecting your PC with TV via HDMI you will see the native resolution displayed in your TV as 1080p@60hz but the TV support 24hz refresh rate as well, what you need to do is to make a custom resolution in your Graphic Card as 1080p@24hz.
For doing that plz follow the process.
Goto NVIDIA control Panel > Display >Change Resolution >Customize >Create Custom Resolution, then just change Refresh Rate(Hz) to 24 and keep other options intact and click on Test and your TV screen will flicker 3-4 times and then it will be finalized on your desired resolution and click OK to confirm and that's all your VU tv is now on 24p True Cinema Mode. Now when ever you connect your TV with PC your TV will show resolution as 1080p@24Hz.
One more thing set your MEMC >Normal and select 1:1 pixel mapping mode by pressing Zoom button of Tv's remote until tv display shows 1:1. That's all you will not face any soap opera effect and horizontal panning for fast moving shoots any more. I think it will help you.
Cheers.

Hi Subha,
I too bought VU 55K160 from flipkart a week before, its definitely VFM & one more pleasant surprise was power consumption, from earlier 120W it has come down to 80W, can you confirm what is power consumption rating for your 50" model, its stated on a label at back of TV & also on packaging box.

Hallo @quad_core,
when you are connecting your PC with TV via HDMI you will see the native resolution displayed in your TV as 1080p@60hz but the TV support 24hz refresh rate as well, what you need to do is to make a custom resolution in your Graphic Card as 1080p@24hz.
For doing that plz follow the process.
Goto NVIDIA control Panel > Display >Change Resolution >Customize >Create Custom Resolution, then just change Refresh Rate(Hz) to 24 and keep other options intact and click on Test and your TV screen will flicker 3-4 times and then it will be finalized on your desired resolution and click OK to confirm and that's all your VU tv is now on 24p True Cinema Mode. Now when ever you connect your TV with PC your TV will show resolution as 1080p@24Hz.
One more thing set your MEMC >Normal and select 1:1 pixel mapping mode by pressing Zoom button of Tv's remote until tv display shows 1:1. That's all you will not face any soap opera effect and horizontal panning for fast moving shoots any more. I think it will help you.
Cheers.

Well, I got my TATA sky HD+ Yesterday, and I am experiencing this soap opera effect again on any settings ( weak/normal/strong) . I don't know if its soap opera or some flickering when the objects move at fast pace . Like a person moving too fast, then I can see his border kind of flickering for 2-3 times, for less than a second . Are you experiencing this too? Also I can see some flickering when the subtitles are displayed ( the subtitles flicker sometimes)( star movies). Please let me know if this is normal or is it a faulty piece . The above issues so not occur everytime, but sometimes.

Well, I got my TATA sky HD+ Yesterday, and I am experiencing this soap opera effect again on any settings ( weak/normal/strong) . I don't know if its soap opera or some flickering when the objects move at fast pace . Like a person moving too fast, then I can see his border kind of flickering for 2-3 times, for less than a second . Are you experiencing this too? Also I can see some flickering when the subtitles are displayed ( the subtitles flicker sometimes)( star movies). Please let me know if this is normal or is it a faulty piece . The above issues so not occur every-time, but sometimes.

Well initially I too face the same problem and I got little worried and immediately consult to my friend who is an expert TV mechanic he saw that and suggest me to use a 'Surge Protector'. He said it might happen due to 'Spike and Surge' in our AC electricity line. So I immediate bought a pair of 'Belkin Surge Protector' and set it before TV plug and since then I never got such problem.
Please use a good UPS also.

Well initially I too face the same problem and I got little worried and immediately consult to my friend who is an expert TV mechanic he saw that and suggest me to use a 'Surge Protector'. He said it might happen due to 'Spike and Surge' in our AC electricity line. So I immediate bought a pair of 'Belkin Surge Protector' and set it before TV plug and since then I never got such problem.
Please use a good UPS also.

I am already using belkin spike guard with my TV , which gets power from Luminous home inverter (UPS).
So since you were also facing same issue, I guess then thats down to the quality of panel used:sad: ? I do not get such lines or flickering of subtitles on my other TV which is also connected to tata sky HD , LG 32" LED

Which ver. Of hdmi cable are you using? All the hdmi ports of this VU Tv model has support upto hdmi version 1.4. If you are using higher version then change it and try to use a lower ver. of that. Are you facing same problem when you connect PC or other device through hdmi? If yes, then give a call to VU service engineer. Surely they will help you out.

Which ver. Of hdmi cable are you using? All the hdmi ports of this VU Tv model has support upto hdmi version 1.4. If you are using higher version then change it and try to use a lower ver. of that. Are you facing same problem when you connect PC or other device through hdmi? If yes, then give a call to VU service engineer. Surely they will help you out.

I am using the default HDMI cable which is supplied with TATA SKY HD + . I am facing this issue with TATA SKY . I will play a few bluray disks for extended period and then find out if I am facing this issue again. Similarly, I will try with PC and USB also . I will update you with my findings soon.

I am using the default HDMI cable which is supplied with TATA SKY HD + . I am facing this issue with TATA SKY . I will play a few bluray disks for extended period and then find out if I am facing this issue again. Similarly, I will try with PC and USB also . I will update you with my findings soon.

I can see some flickering when I connect my PC also(mainly when the image on the screen changes). Also, I can see the logos of channels , on right top corner (star movies, sony PIX, etc) flickering when there is some fast paced action sequence. :sad:
I have logged a case with FK, lets see what happens.

I can see some flickering when I connect my PC also(mainly when the image on the screen changes). Also, I can see the logos of channels , on right top corner (star movies, sony PIX, etc) flickering when there is some fast paced action sequence. :sad:
I have logged a case with FK, lets see what happens.

Ok, an update on my TV's issue . The VU Technician came yesterday, and he too noticed that flickering of images and Logos . He called his higher level engineer and spoke about the issue . He told him to switch off that MEMC setting . He did that and the issue was resolved . I had tried this before, but I didnt set it to "off" completely . I had tried "weak/normal and strong" settings. My bad, I should have tried "off" also . But anyway, I wanted the VU engineer check my TV anyways . So I am happy now.:clapping:

i bought a vu 65" inch uhd tv and the images looks pixelated and blurry unlike the images that i have seen here the video still pictures looks fine . i connected set top box and played fhd videos the videos looks worst while viewing with set top box.can somebody help me with the issue??

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back