Need floorstanding speakers under 50k.

Hi guys Good Evening... As you guys suggested said I have fixed for one of the above speakers , And suggest me on amplifier also, I mentioned cambridge cxa60 because there are retailers for this company in Bangalore, But I am also interested in Marantz PM 7005 because it is mainly made in Japan... I have little concern on china products, Suggest me any good amplifiers within 50k - 65k.

Hi guys Good Evening... As you guys suggested said I have fixed for one of the above speakers , And suggest me on amplifier also, I mentioned cambridge cxa60 because there are retailers for this company in Bangalore, But I am also interested in Marantz PM 7005 because it is mainly made in Japan... I have little concern on china products, Suggest me any good amplifiers within 50k - 65k.

Hi, Almost all the receiver brands have emerged from Japan (Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz & Integra) Comparison can only be made between speakers because the AVR at any price levels have their own uniqueness and features to stand out to its rivalries and they're reliable so if you match it with good speaker system, it completes your set up.

BTW, what music you listen to? What's the source? Are you sure your choice is to JUST listen to music? I am surprised with your budget, need to have some sort of mind huh to make decisions like that :)

Based on specs listed, they seem to be good speakers which can be easily driven by any AVR or AMP....

https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/monitor-reference/mr6/

I would check the price of a new one, then go to ebay uk or us and pick a reference rate of a pre owned one being sold...

Then I would check with the OLX seller the age, repair status, working condition of the speakers....agree on a realistic price before I go and close the deal....audition is mandatory.....these speakers supposedly can handle good levels of bass...so take some nice music and demo...if all in order pick it up and close the deal....minimum demo time 15 to 20 mins ......hear all kinds of music where possible....see cone movements and overall performance....

All the best

Based on specs listed, they seem to be good speakers which can be easily driven by any AVR or AMP....

https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/monitor-reference/mr6/

I would check the price of a new one, then go to ebay uk or us and pick a reference rate of a pre owned one being sold...

Then I would check with the OLX seller the age, repair status, working condition of the speakers....agree on a realistic price before I go and close the deal....audition is mandatory.....these speakers supposedly can handle good levels of bass...so take some nice music and demo...if all in order pick it up and close the deal....minimum demo time 15 to 20 mins ......hear all kinds of music where possible....see cone movements and overall performance....

All the best[/

All the best
Thanks for the reply.They are going for 329 pounds only for a new pair in UK Amazon.So the price seem on the higher side for a used pair.The guy who listed the speakers is not a dealer and it seems that he has used the speakers only with a stereo amp for music.Provided they fulfil the conditions you have listed above can I quote a price of 40k? The alternate for me is to go for Wharfedale 230 on hifimart.Atleast I would be getting a new pair.But some guys here say the mid of wharf 230s sound recessed.That is the factor holding me back,Since voice is most important for me as I go for melodies mostly for music.
Thanks for your time mate.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Most prices in India will be on higher side due to landing costs, taxes etc......

Audition and decide.......if all in order, quote 36k and eventually he may agree on 40k or so.......

Check everyting

Back