Need genuine advice on buying Philips 40pfl5059 led tv

VESA hole distance for wall mounting

Can someone please tell me the hole distance for wall mounting this TV? I have ordered it and want to know if it will fit my existing wall mount.

yes, am seeing this issue on this model, mainly on left and right side, and all corners. clearly noticeable when your see a football or cricket match, or a moving scene with similar background. mine is still in a warranty, any idea if they can solve this?

follow up on the same issue, I raised a complaint on this. 1st engg visited did not want to accept the problem. he said it's there with this model, he can't do anything. I raised the complaint againt, 2nd engg says it must be dust :lol: He has taken it to service center. I called him today and says it's been solved after cleaning!!! I don't believe him, let it come tomorrow and then I'll post the result here.

follow up on the same issue, I raised a complaint on this. 1st engg visited did not want to accept the problem. he said it's there with this model, he can't do anything. I raised the complaint againt, 2nd engg says it must be dust :lol: He has taken it to service center. I called him today and says it's been solved after cleaning!!! I don't believe him, let it come tomorrow and then I'll post the result here.

TV is back, and issue is still there, nothing changed, as expected :sad: they kept it for more than a week and just cleaned :clapping: any idea how do I take it to the higher management? this guy, same guy who accepted earlier that there's an issue, now says there's no issue anymore :eek:hyeah: let's see. Anyone else here who's aware of this issue?

Just bought this TV and till now I am quite satisfied. Will post detailed update after few days of usage.

Also I am yet to see any horizontal or vertical bars. However my DTH not yet setup. I have watched more than 3 hours of 720p videos via USB and color levels felt good enough for the price (Rs. 33530 for TV+2 years Extended warranty).

Hi All... i have been through your posts and so many positive reviews, 240HZ refresh rate( for gaming) and the attractive price are making me consider the Philips pfl5059 over sony,samsung etc.Yet to decide on the size(40' or 50' depending on availability)
But i have a few doubts and am hoping that the members here would help

I wish to use this TV with the following
gaming using Laptop/console using one HDMI port
Tata sky/Tata Sky HD(connected to it 24*7)
good quality speakers(also connected to it 24*7) as i read many people stating that the sound quality is below average
Would the above be possible with this TV?

Also can you please comment on the Banding issue, Sound quality and the refresh rate issue that was mentioned earlier.

moderators, kindly let me know if you want me to create a separate thread for this.

@sdhameshia,@sanchits, @chetan969 guys need your help here.

Hi, I recently bought this Philips PFL5059 through snap deal and I'm noticing some white patches on black screens. Please find attached the picture of the tv. Is this something normal and can be fixed or should I return this product.. If any of you have faced similar problems, please advise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 53
hey guys, reviving this thread since my led Philips 40PFL5059 was recently replaced by Philips/Videocon due to Panel issue(mainly due to dust and grey lines behind panel). It took them around 3 weeks and lots of calls,mails, tweets and finally it was replaced with a brand new set under warranty.
Now, the issue is it was replaced with a set from the lower 4000 series since the same wasn't available now with Philips. it ws Replaced by 43pfl4451. Now, my query is I want to know the Service settings/advanced settings code for this tv. I tried the which was given by some member for the previous model I had which worked for the same model and helped a lot to tinker with the rgb settings achieve great results. I tried the same code for this but it is not working and would like to know if someone here can help me out on this or any Videocon led user can list the service code for their tv which might work with this one too since its assembled by Videocon itself.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back