Need Guidance: 5.0 speakers

lwalia

Hi,
I am looking to buy 5 speakers (without sub woofer) for surround sound effect. Looking for decent speakers for around INR 25000 (tower speakers are not required). Kindly guide.

P.S. - I have a Yamaha 581 AV & Yamaha 315 sub - woofer and am based out of Mumbai.

Thanks, though while browsing came across these -
Taga Harmony inMOVE 5.0 Home Theater
Was trying to see or get reviews on the same...

Hi

Looking at the specs of Taga Harmony InMove 5.0, it is rated around 80watts at 6 ohms while your AVR is capable to deliver around 130watts at 6 ohms....technically if you crank up the volume....you may end up blowing the speakers or it will start jarring....I have heard these in a demo....did not really get convinced with the performance....also only one year warranty.....

If you want to enjoy complete and punchy quality output from your AVR, you need to look for speakers which are rated minimum 100watts at 8 ohms load.

Also the configuration matters for optimal performance.....

Given a choice within the said budget, I would edge myself to the BIC Americas which are 125watts...with strong magnets and good frequency delivery, I heard them for the What HiFi AV show organized in Mumbai....plus they come with 7 years warranty...the new setup is close to 30k and you are getting a pre owned one within your budget with still 6 years warranty....

You need to decide now....

Hi,

I am planning to buy Yamaha NS P 51 and 2 speakers from NS P 60 for 5.0. (AV - Yamaha 581 & subwoofer 315)
Net cost to me would be around 17000.

Kindly let know the if there exist a better option in the same price range.

Hi,

The speakers you selected will work with your AVR and not sure if you will be able to crank up the volume and enjoy a great playback.

Most are inclined to use Bostons / Taga / Wharfedale / BIC america / Jamo etc. These would be possibly out of budget but you will not regret.....

Hence since you were on a tight budget, recommended the 5.0 BICs which are available on Hifi Ads and it has 6 years warranty...

Hi

Looking at the specs of Taga Harmony InMove 5.0, it is rated around 80watts at 6 ohms while your AVR is capable to deliver around 130watts at 6 ohms....technically if you crank up the volume....you may end up blowing the speakers or it will start jarring....I have heard these in a demo....did not really get convinced with the performance....also only one year warranty.....

If you want to enjoy complete and punchy quality output from your AVR, you need to look for speakers which are rated minimum 100watts at 8 ohms load.

Also the configuration matters for optimal performance.....

Given a choice within the said budget, I would edge myself to the BIC Americas which are 125watts...with strong magnets and good frequency delivery, I heard them for the What HiFi AV show organized in Mumbai....plus they come with 7 years warranty...the new setup is close to 30k and you are getting a pre owned one within your budget with still 6 years warranty....

You need to decide now....
They aren't available any more..

I dont think its a better deal as on amazon India itself I am getting DV32 - pair at Rs 9579 & DV32 CLR at Rs 7549 which essentially is Rs 26707 for whole package. The ad package at 24000 doesn't entice to be true.

Hi,

That's your decision to go for what appeals to you. On Amazon most deals are seller warranty. You need to check if you are getting 7 years warranty from authorised distributor / Manufacturer.

The seller on Hifi ads has purchased this from Avenue Sound who is the official distributor and servicer in India.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back