Need Help , 26' LCD for Gaming and movies(PS3-).

Vista

Hi Guys ,

Need your assistance , m really confused ...
First of all I need it for PS3 mean blue ray player as well , and my room is not so big so 26 with work , Thinking to go with Full HD , but i have not seen yet any LCD with Full HD of 26 inch ,
* If there are Full HD , should i go with it for having full performance of PS3.
or HD ready will work for me due to the factor of 26 inch ( Need to Explore atleast full PQ of PS3) .
My Budget is around 30 K , Kindly Suggest ,

Samsung
Panasonic
Sony

well if u plan to sit very close to the lcd or use it has a monitor,then yes FHD will make sense,but with ur budget u cannot get a FHD tv ,but u can get a FHD monitor,but bare in mind most monitors out there have a TN panel so unless u sit exactly in front of it,u will notice contrast shift from different viewing angles,there are lcd monitors that have a VA based panel and IPS based panel u should look for that.
but if ur viewingf distance is around 4 feet away,u can gladly go for a 26inch HD lcd tv or better get a 32inch lcd like the panasonic provided u sit around 5feet away should cost around ur budget.
while TV from sony which have a VA based panel are better since they have more contrast, so more detail in games that have lots of dark or lowlight sceneri,not sure whether they can fit in ur budget unless u try the grey market.

you can safely go for KLV26T400A. it has "EXACTLY" the same panel as the S-Series KLV 26S400A, but with lesser connectivity. i think one hdmi is good enough for ur PS3/DVD player and a component cable option for ur DTH stb, when full HD 1080i transmission is available. (component cable upscaling upto 1080i is permissible on the series T model).

i am having the series T and have done a lot of experimentation with it. you can safely go for it, quite a good tv set. at least better than the samsung series 4 26" incher.

Hi guys ,

Thanks for your replies , Today i had a visit to electronic bazaar and seen 32inch Sharp 32A33M and getting 4 K discount , so Kindly suggest .

frnd08 , can you tell me what exactly is upscaling to 1080i mean ,
does is mean Full HDMI ?

Does this upscaling feature is also in this Sharp 32 inch 32A33M bcas it is coming in my budget .but if not Value for money i wil definately go with other brand.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Hi guys ,

Thanks for your replies , Today i had a visit to electronic bazaar and seen 32inch Sharp 32A33M and getting 4 K discount , so Kindly suggest .

frnd08 , can you tell me what exactly is upscaling to 1080i mean ,
does is mean Full HDMI ?

Does this upscaling feature is also in this Sharp 32 inch 32A33M bcas it is coming in my budget .but if not Value for money i wil definately go with other brand.

Thanks in advance for replies.

dont worry Sony KLV26T400A is well within your budget of 30K. its around 26K now.

well full HD is 1080i/p, its actually for HD transmission (when it comes that is!) on DTH platform. (but 26" LCDs are 720p, so you'll be watching a downscaled version of full HD, but that wont be a problem, as in 26" you wont be able to notice any difference between full HD and HD ready. full HD factor chips in only when you have a large tv more than 32")

All LCD models have the HDMI and component connectivity, so Sharp should have it as well. check it just to be sure.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back