Need help building a custom Home Theater and 2 additional music systems

im not really that into ht but apart from sound, good power (which both come from auditioning) i would also look at video upscaling. when you audition the audio part of it, it basically must sound as real as possible. listen to the range in parts i.e. bass, mids and highs. first listen to the vocals as they're the mids. then separately listen for the highs and lows. sound separation must be good as well - you can clearly hear each noise as a separate and not them meshing into each other. i had read once a person describing a movie in which he said that there was a machine gun firing and he could hear the sound of each bullet coming out instead of it being one constant noise. apart from that most of the amps that you would be looking at would have similar features in terms of software - dts, digital dolby etc etc

Having just completed and shifted into a house where the wiring was not done as well as it might have been, I suggest you spend some time and plan things out. Get a dedicated KEB mains line into your HT area which allows you to put a UPS. Decide on your speaker locations and try to get speaker plates( not sure if these are available locally, but they are easy to make using plastic plates and local connectors) and conceal speaker wires for long runs.

I got a set of these:

SOUNDQUEST 28147WX WALL PLATE W/4 TERMINAL JACKS | Accessories4less

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back