Need Help! Cheated by Amazon India

As a last resort you can log a ticket with https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/ - they are a bit slow in responding but they do eventually. Note that raising a ticket here leads to the Consumer Helpline contacting the concerned party, it does not create a consumer court case or anything similar (and I am not a lawyer, but I have used this method to good effect in the past).

What happened was really terrible, Response from Amazon India was a nightmare ; I got a iPad two days ago, but made unboxing video for the first time after reading this thread. No problems touchwood.

Can anyone help with email ID of Amazon India Head, Amit Agarwal or any other high authority person to whom I can escalate this issue. Any mail ID of their Head office in US is also welcome.

FWIW, for one of my Amazon purchases, I was not satisfied with the resolution even after a replacement. Tweets to their support team resulted in the usual scripted response. Then a tweet to Amazon support copied to https://twitter.com/JeffBezos resulted in a phone call from their international support team from the UK. It was just a placatory call - they could not solve my problem, but I thought I'll share the experience anyway, in case you have better luck.

I highly doubt that any emails to Jeff or Amit will be responded to - they must receive thousands of such emails and it would be near impossible to differentiate between signal and noise even with a big team - but there is no harm in trying. Especially since Amazon claims to be the most "customer centric company" on the planet. All the best.

Amazon like companies have full fledged packaging section where the items being packaged for the shipping to the customers.

Before put into the shipping carton, the packer must show the every article & model no. to the camera which is hanged over his head.

Finally he will stick the shipping address, & other ref. numbers, so, all these actions being recorded in close up. You can ask the video

footage of the preparation of the order , so that you can see whether your exact item was packaged with your order number. That will be

the great evidence.

I experienced such a situation when I ordered medicines in Netmed. They sent the full video footage of my order to my email id.

Thanks.

Usually with high priced items, the best practice is to always open the package in front of the delivery person.

Yes that is my SOP. Another strategy that works (I am told) is to order these big ticket items COD if possible.

I have ordered stuff for delivery at the hotel reception - so no SOP this time. I am relying on what Az says at the time of ordering

What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.

fingers crossed :)

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Amazon like companies have full fledged packaging section where the items being packaged for the shipping to the customers.

Before put into the shipping carton, the packer must show the every article & model no. to the camera which is hanged over his head.

Finally he will stick the shipping address, & other ref. numbers, so, all these actions being recorded in close up. You can ask the video

footage of the preparation of the order , so that you can see whether your exact item was packaged with your order number. That will be

the great evidence.

I experienced such a situation when I ordered medicines in Netmed. They sent the full video footage of my order to my email id.

Thanks.

Thanks Sunder. How can I get the video footage from Amazon? If I simply write a email to them will they share?

Thanks Sunder. How can I get the video footage from Amazon? If I simply write a email to them will they share?

Yes, by email, mention the invoice number, and other details in your complaint. And ask them that you want to see the footage of

the packaging regarding this order. Thanks.

Yes, by email, mention the invoice number, and other details in your complaint. And ask them that you want to see the footage of

the packaging regarding this order. Thanks.

So I just spoke to Amazon guys on twitter about the footage. Their reply " We'll not be able to provide the footage"

So I just spoke to Amazon guys on twitter about the footage. Their reply " We'll not be able to provide the footage"

But, I did get the footage from Netmeds online medical store, when I faced a problem in my order. Amazon surely will have that facility, but don't know the reason why they deny. Sorry, you affected so much.

Hi all some very good news. With all your kind suggestions & my persistent efforts, yesterday I received a call & a mail from Amazon, that my full refund is on the way & will get credited to the original payment source within 3-5 days. I think these guys must've have been carrying out investigations at their back end. Or maybe bugged by my constant, one every day, tweets must've decided to refund the full amount. Whatever be the reason we all are very happy & relieved to the core. Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum, who pitched in with their suggestions & those who showed concern. This kept me going on. Had I been not a member of this great forum, I think I would have given up. Lesson learnt:
1. Try buying expensive products from offline stores. Use online pricing for bargaining with offline stores. Many-a-times they will relent & match the online prices. I personally experienced this when I purchased my 55'' 3-D Sammy LED from Croma some 3 years back. Croma bettered the online price in my case.
1. Always opt for COD ( cash on delivery/card on delivery )
2. Insist on opening the packet in front of the courier delivery person
3. Try to video graph the above
Thanks again everyone. @sunder, @sound_cycle, @skroderider, @Naturelover, @kane, @drkrack, @TheMafioso, @abhinaba, @efernand1, @chandu2106, @MaSh, @shankarcams, @tuff, @plasmoid, @VRavichandar, @moktan, @vishal_k, @sidvee

Hi all some very good news. With all your kind suggestions & my persistent efforts, yesterday I received a call & a mail from Amazon, that my full refund is on the way & will get credited to the original payment source within 3-5 days. I think these guys must've have been carrying out investigations at their back end. Or maybe bugged by my constant, one every day, tweets must've decided to refund the full amount. Whatever be the reason we all are very happy & relieved to the core. Thanks a lot to everyone on this forum, who pitched in with their suggestions & those who showed concern. This kept me going on. Had I been not a member of this great forum, I think I would have given up. Lesson learnt:
1. Try buying expensive products from offline stores. Use online pricing for bargaining with offline stores. Many-a-times they will relent & match the online prices. I personally experienced this when I purchased my 55'' 3-D Sammy LED from Croma some 3 years back. Croma bettered the online price in my case.
1. Always opt for COD ( cash on delivery/card on delivery )
2. Insist on opening the packet in front of the courier delivery person
3. Try to video graph the above
Thanks again everyone. @sunder, @sound_cycle, @skroderider, @Naturelover, @kane, @drkrack, @TheMafioso, @abhinaba, @efernand1, @chandu2106, @MaSh, @shankarcams, @tuff, @plasmoid, @VRavichandar, @moktan, @vishal_k, @sidvee
That's awesome. Good to hear!

That’s gr8 news for you getting full refund, am sure they would have done their backend investigations, frankly my experience with amazon have been fantastic even while buying MacBook and iPhone, but I do have habit of reading ratings and reviews of other user experience and as one fm mentioned cloud tail is one of the big seller of electronics and most reliable, as compared to flipkrt and snapdeal I would rate amazon much better in overall process.
But happy to reach about getting full refund and justice.

Back