Need help choosing which AVR to go with 5.1 Sonodyne Speakers

samrat-basu

I am thinking about buying a new AVR + 5.1 Speaker Setup.

I am dithering over which AVR to buy.

For the speakers I am thinking about going for
2 * 2605 V3 + 2 * R-ears + 1 * 2501 V3 + 1 Roarr 210

This page on sonodyne says for a room of my size (430 sq.ft) needs an amplifier of 150W.

So will a amplifier of 115W be enough or is having a 150W amplifier mandatory to get the best sound from these speakers.

My AVR budget is around 40k.

Hoping for a quick answer.

I am thinking about buying a new AVR + 5.1 Speaker Setup.

I am dithering over which AVR to buy.

For the speakers I am thinking about going for
2 * 2605 V3 + 2 * R-ears + 1 * 2501 V3 + 1 Roarr 210

This page on sonodyne says for a room of my size (430 sq.ft) needs an amplifier of 150W.

So will a amplifier of 115W be enough or is having a 150W amplifier mandatory to get the best sound from these speakers.

My AVR budget is around 40k.

Hoping for a quick answer.

I have used both Marantz & Onkyo receivers with with Sonodyne Sonus speakers.... Bother are equally good...

(Marantz SR 5200 & Onkyo TX NR 818 which am using currently)

What about the Yamaha RX-V473 (5 Channel)? Is that a good AVR? I have also noticed the Yamaha RX-V573 (7 Channel).
Will they run the Sonodyne speakers properly?
How do they compare with the Marantz & Onkyo receivers.

I would recommend the 573 or higher if possible. You will be running FS so the 473 may not be able to power them to their full potential.

Both will run the speakers fine, just that a higher AVR will make the speakers sound a bit better.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back