Need help deciding to buy

tweedledee

Dear hifi experts,
Planning to make my first purchase of hifi system. Keeping price and my inexperience in mind, i am going for a used system.
What do you think of Marantz SR3001 AV Receiver and Jamo S606 HCS3 5.1 Speaker Set, together for 35000 Rupees?
Is the price acceptable?
I understand the AVR and speaker are not the best in their category, but are they okay to begin with?

Please advise.
Thanks, Kiran.

let the gurus give the input for these.. as i am not sure bout the pricing for the same..

gurus .. help the guy here

I think you shld start building a system slowly instead of going for something @ oneshot... And have you auditioned the above system ? How did you find the features and sound quality ?

if your choice is more music go for an amp then buy good bookshelf speakers or an AVR (HDMI) with bookshelfs... Later you can start adding components like Sub / Center / Rear...

If you are looking for more movie type HTIB you can go for Onkyo 3300 for much lesser price....

Old amps are good but AVRs shld always have latest features.. Thats my feeling...

More help on the way from Gurus :rolleyes:

Kittu

I own a Jamo S606 speaker system. It sounds very good for HT purpose with a Yamaha receiver which I own, but for audio quality, you need to use a proper stereo amp for the towers, and they sound really great for that price. And if you are getting the Marantz and Jamo speakers for 35k, I feel that's a decent price.
Also, if you're not a die-hard effects fan of movies, you can buy brand new Jamo towers which come in the system you have stated for 25k in Mumbai, and a Norge Mosfet amp, and get very good sound for music and movies. Try it, it's worth it. Go for an audition. I'm a pro in sound and I mean it.
I'm also into installing HT now, so I think that should mean something :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back